MyHonda+ App

All Honda E related discussions
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

advance2020 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:46 pm I have just shared this with my Dealer. We should all complain to our Dealers, and let them know our experience. Has anyone managed to use this App successfully for a week, or even a day?

Well – I complained to my dealer, to Honda Germany and to the lady that replied via email (I'm German – we're good at this).
In my case however, the app is now working well (for four days). I was even able to invite more drivers and it survived the update to iOS14...

kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

advance200 Nope
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Hi Guys
This message is for those of you who have Successfully Connected your Car with the App. My Dealer tells me Honda Uk wish to talk to me regarding the issues we are having with using the App (rather than initially connecting).

Assuming this is more than just a courtesy call, or an apology, I would welcome feedback from others listing the issues we have encountered. This is my list. Using iPhone ioS 13

1. Login with Fingerprint ID. If I Open the App, and press Home too soon, the App crashes and closes. I have learnt to wait a few seconds for it to wake up, and then have more success.

2. Assuming I am successful in Opening the App and Login with Fingerprint ID, all is well, when I have a good 4G signal for phone and my car. I can use all the features of the App. It all works fine.

3. But I have had issues, when the App could not Validate My Device - which was terminal until Connected Services Reset my Account. And I have quite often seen the “Sorry, something went wrong message” which is currently the mode I'm in.

I assume your experience is similar, but it would be good to compare notes.

Sat 19 update:
Recd email from Connected Services Europe asking for details of the problems I am having. So before replying, I tried LogOut from Sorry, something went wrong screen and it worked, so I was able to Login and get App working again. On reflection, it would seem all of my issues relate to the Login process. However this does not explain why the App seems to be so unstable, and either crashes, shuts down or will not respond to a Fingerprint ID Login.

I will keep you posted on any reply from Connected Services. I did make the point, on behalf of others, that you are finding response times to emails to CS are unacceptably long. And that many new owners are still unable to set up a connection between their cars and the App.
Last edited by advance2020 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

advance2020 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:01 am Hi Guys
This message is for those of you who have Successfully Connected your Car with the App. My Dealer tells me Honda Uk wish to talk to me regarding the issues we are having with using the App (rather than initially connecting).

Assuming this is more than just a courtesy call, or an apology, I would welcome feedback from others listing the issues we have encountered. This is my list. Using iPhone ioS 13

1. Login with Fingerprint ID. If I Open the App, and press Home too soon, the App crashes and closes. I have learnt to wait a few seconds for it to wake up, and then have more success.

2. Assuming I am successful in Opening the App and Login with Fingerprint ID, all is well, when I have a good 4G signal for phone and my car. I can use all the features of the App. It all works fine.

3. But I have had issues, when the App could not Validate My Device - which was terminal until Connected Services Reset my Account. And I have quite often seen the “Sorry, something went wrong message” which is currently the mode I'm in.

I assume your experience is similar, but it would be good to compare notes.
How about telling them, their connected services team, never respond to emails and if you call honda support they can't help you either. Been trying to get this stupid thing working since I got the car Mid August and have had no luck. I need my subs resetting, but no one at connected services have helped.
Very annoyed with the whole thing.

My App connects but the Subs have been "In Progress" since the 24th August. So can't use the connected services.
Adv. 16" Wheels
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

advance2020 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:01 am Hi Guys
I'm on Android 11, but I've not experienced the same issues in the few days I've had it up and running. But I'll update you if I do.

What I really like to know is the procedure for phone upgrades, as I'll be getting a new phone (Pixel 4a) in a few weeks and it feels like the app wants to be validated against the specific device as well as to my account. I'm 99% sure that installing it on a new phone, logging in will push me into a validation loop and have to be remotely reset (I did ask the Connected Services team this when they were resolving the recent validation issue, but on that they have not responded).
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

MattHero wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:10 am
I'm on Android 11, but I've not experienced the same issues in the few days I've had it up and running. But I'll update you if I do.

What I really like to know is the procedure for phone upgrades, as I'll be getting a new phone (Pixel 4a) in a few weeks and it feels like the app wants to be validated against the specific device as well as to my account. I'm 99% sure that installing it on a new phone, logging in will push me into a validation loop and have to be remotely reset (I did ask the Connected Services team this when they were resolving the recent validation issue, but on that they have not responded).
MattHero: I assume if you are getting an Upgrade, you have to hand your old phone back (never done this myself)? I do know that when you try going thru the Validate my Device progress, it states that you might/will get a message on your original device/phone. I had this because at one point I had the App on my iPhone & iPad (big mistake Downloading to iPad).

So if you don't have your original device, you will need assistance from Connected Services, to confirm your ID, tell them your VIN, address etc, so they can confirm you own your car. While this is a pain, remember the App can Unlock your car, which is why the many steps in their process are needed for security.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

RAL7004 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:16 am
advance2020 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:46 pm I have just shared this with my Dealer. We should all complain to our Dealers, and let them know our experience. Has anyone managed to use this App successfully for a week, or even a day?

Well – I complained to my dealer, to Honda Germany and to the lady that replied via email (I'm German – we're good at this).
In my case however, the app is now working well (for four days). I was even able to invite more drivers and it survived the update to iOS14...
Thank you RAL7004 - all you need now is shorter German words, to get App format neat. Good luck with that.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

sbullo wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:21 am
How about telling them, their connected services team, never respond to emails and if you call honda support they can't help you either. Been trying to get this stupid thing working since I got the car Mid August and have had no luck. I need my subs resetting, but no one at connected services have helped.

My App connects but the Subs have been "In Progress" since the 24th August. So can't use the connected services.
Hi sbullo: I'm guessing you made the mistake of Subscribing to more than one Option, when you first Connected. Easily done. I did the same initially, but realised my mistake and was able to Unsubscribe to all, and repeat initial Connection process.

And I guess you are no longer able to Unsubscribe to these extra Options?
Persevere with Connected Services. Make it clear to them what you did, and they need to Unsubscribe to the extra services, beyond the Core Connectivity.
This could mean Disconnecting the App from your Car and starting the Initial Process from scratch. Not sure. Hopefully someone will be able to help you.
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

advance2020 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:50 am MattHero: I assume if you are getting an Upgrade, you have to hand your old phone back (never done this myself)? I do know that when you try going thru the Validate my Device progress, it states that you might/will get a message on your original device/phone. I had this because at one point I had the App on my iPhone & iPad (big mistake Downloading to iPad).

So if you don't have your original device, you will need assistance from Connected Services, to confirm your ID, tell them your VIN, address etc, so they can confirm you own your car. While this is a pain, remember the App can Unlock your car, which is why the many steps in their process are needed for security.
Ahh, OK. No I'll still have the other device still, as I'm planning on factory resetting that and passing it on to a friend once the new one is up and running. So hopefully then I can do a formal handover with both apps running. In theory anyway.
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

advance2020 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:03 am
sbullo wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:21 am

Hi sbullo: I'm guessing you made the mistake of Subscribing to more than one Option, when you first Connected. Easily done. I did the same initially, but realised my mistake and was able to Unsubscribe to all, and repeat initial Connection process.

And I guess you are no longer able to Unsubscribe to these extra Options?
Persevere with Connected Services. Make it clear to them what you did, and they need to Unsubscribe to the extra services, beyond the Core Connectivity.
This could mean Disconnecting the App from your Car and starting the Initial Process from scratch. Not sure. Hopefully someone will be able to help you.
I did try doing the unsubscribe, but it's greyed out.
My problem is, I can't get a response from the Connected services team. When I ran Honda support the first time, they knew exactly what I had done wrong, and what needed to be fixed, and they raised a ticket with the Connected services team. But no matter what I try, phone / email, no one ever gets back to me. Just seems like very shoddy customer care, regardless of how badly designed the app / service is. I'll try ringing again today and see what happens, but honestly am at the point of giving up.
Adv. 16" Wheels