Illumination Pack

All Honda E related discussions
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

You're right the console lights are hard to spot! The door tread lights look nice though :).

Rei

Post by Rei »

I wonder how hard they are to install yourself. Still a lot of money but at least you can save on the labour.
Malcs

Post by Malcs »

Door treads are super bright. Console quite subtle I guess to avoid distraction

AD825461-0442-4944-A05C-32C3825CE73E.jpeg

3504B910-2157-49FB-AFAC-2CFF2EFACD4F.jpeg

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Thanks @Malcs, they look exactly as how I'd imagined, so it looks like I'll be buying the door steps soon, that's once I've convinced myself that they are with the money :D

It sounds like the dealer needs to get new staff if it took them over twice the allotted installation time because I can guarantee that Honda will have a step by step installation guide with diagrams/photos and all the tools required on how to install the items.

My son recently downloaded instruction manuals for his BMW G310R from the official BMW website (at a cost) and even an untrained monkey could do the majority of the tasks because it listed the tools required for every single step with images and diagrams leaving no doubt as to how to perform each step.

Possibly Honda don't provide installation guides, but it seems highly unlikely for a huge global company.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

@Malcs Thanks so much for those pictures. They answer a lot of questions, like what are the console lights. Now it's plain to see. I think I will go for it. I just love those kinds of touches and it just illuminates the cabin! Sorry, bad joke.

As for the 8 hours to fit, I can kind of understand. If interior components need to come out, they'll want to take their time just in case they damage something. Next time will probably only take 4 hours, then down to 3 as they start to perform the job from memory.
Malcs

Post by Malcs »

Apparently the dash had to come out to feed the wires. Just glad they kept to 3 hrs labour as they quoted me. Big thumbs up to Balmer Lawn Honda
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

I ordered both the console illumination pack and the urban black side mouldings back in January and I was under the impression that the illuminated door garnishes were included. I now find that only the console led’s light up but strangely the non-illuminated door garnishes have been installed.
The accessory list is now different to the one I ordered from.However,the listed prices for what I have had fitted,including the charge port cover totals £1,230.00 but I was only charged £550.00 so I suppose I can’t complain
darrenj1

Post by darrenj1 »

I got the illumination pack, included door trims in with blue lights and seems to be the light below the console which gives ambience at night, probably useful if theres anything to pick up on the floor when you get out
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

darrenj1 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:29 pm I got the illumination pack, included door trims in with blue lights and seems to be the light below the console which gives ambience at night, probably useful if theres anything to pick up on the floor when you get out
Ah, so there’s more to the console illumination than just the two small LEDs in the centre stowage area?
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

I think the footwell lights are present anyway. I'll check again tonight, if it's not raining too hard!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post