Illumination Pack

All Honda E related discussions
Accord

Post by Accord »

Can someone please clarify;

- Does the illumination pack ONLY add lights to the centre storage console?
- Does the Honda e (Advance) already have the three footwell lights?

In any case, it seems very simple to drill a couple of holes underneath the dash for footwell LED’s, and the fuses are right there - a fuse tap on the fuse/module that offers the wanted on/off times should be fairly simple.

On my IONIQ I purchased the official footwell LED’s (front and back), which were fairly expensive, and only on when the car was off and doors open. Instead of wiring in the harness as suggested in the manual, I used a fuse tap on the “INTERIOR LAMP” fuse, which had the effect that when the car wakes up (similar to e), the footwell LED’s are on. And they’re on until the car is off and locked.

In short - you might not want to install it as per the manual, or even purchase the original LED’s at all. There are a lot of nice and dim LED 12V modules that can be wired in wherever you want it.

The only things you might miss is if the OEM LED’s have a dimming function etc.

If the illumination pack indeed just includes the two doorsills (are they on while driving?) and the two tiny console LED’s, it’s way to expensive. I think it’ll be £1-2000,- here including install.

5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

Exactly what I did on my Civics, which had nice blue displays. Bought 12V blue led strings from ebay for a few pounds and the option connector to get on the lights fuse line. The first car the tape on the led strings did not last well, on the next cars I araldited the leds under the footwell plastic where they could not be seen and hid the wires back to the fusebox. Even had a line to the back seats under the carpet and glued the leds in the center part of the 60 part seat with a small loop into the carpet underneath to accomodate the magic seat function, protecting the wire with some spiral plastic. For the Jazz I was a bit older, not so agile or enthusiastic of diy, and just got the Honda system as part of the deal maker.

5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

My DIY effort on the E was on Jan's armrest, couple of inches of 5V white led string araldited underneath the armrest soldered to a cut USB cable fed down the side to one of the back seat USB sockets.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post