All Honda E related discussions
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

@jcharouz: Kudos!
Just tried your routine – it worked!

Thanks a lot!

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

jcharouz wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:48 pm @FDAD you need to go deeper into another hidden menu, see below:

Select the bottom option on screen (settings) and then hold home button for about 5 seconds. A beep comes and new menu appears. Here, you can go to the "vehicle model information" option and toggle DD VSP off. This will allow you to view content over HDMI while driving.

small update: so i managed netflix working while driving
i tried to buy a chinese HDMI dongle to lightning, but unfortunately, it didnt work. So i bought a genuine apple adapter, went through the steps to disable DD VSP and disconnected carplay from the normal car menu. Then i plug in the hdmi cable, through the dongle to my phone, ran netflix and turned on the HDMI app in the car. Work perfectly.

Only issue is that with every car start, you need to do the DD VSP again.
I don't understand. Not all HDMI devices work with this method or you are talking only about Netflix?
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

The method jcharouz described allows displaying the HDMI signal while driving.
For legal reasons most of the streaming services don't work with HDMI to lightning adapters. So this is a different question/problem.
Last edited by RAL7004 on Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

jcharouz wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:48 pm @FDAD you need to go deeper into another hidden menu, see below:

Select the bottom option on screen (settings) and then hold home button for about 5 seconds. A beep comes and new menu appears. Here, you can go to the "vehicle model information" option and toggle DD VSP off. This will allow you to view content over HDMI while driving.

small update: so i managed netflix working while driving
i tried to buy a chinese HDMI dongle to lightning, but unfortunately, it didnt work. So i bought a genuine apple adapter, went through the steps to disable DD VSP and disconnected carplay from the normal car menu. Then i plug in the hdmi cable, through the dongle to my phone, ran netflix and turned on the HDMI app in the car. Work perfectly.

Only issue is that with every car start, you need to do the DD VSP again.
I'll try again!, Can you post some pictures? :roll:
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

RAL7004 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:55 am The method jcharouz described allows displaying the HDMI signal while driving.
For legal reasons most of the streaming services don't work with HDMI to lightning adaptors. So this is a different question/problem.
I see, I did not know what a lightning adapter is..... never had any Apple products.
jcharouz

Post by jcharouz »

For android, i guess you need a usb-c to HDMI adapter.. I guess any brand will do. But once you disable the DD VSP, you can run any HDMI source you want while driving (like a playstation, apple tv, amazon firestick or whatever). I tried to get my iphone working though, since its already connected to the internet for streaming.

I'll try to post some "how to" photos next week.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

jcharouz wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:54 pm For android, i guess you need a usb-c to HDMI adapter.. I guess any brand will do. But once you disable the DD VSP, you can run any HDMI source you want while driving (like a playstation, apple tv, amazon firestick or whatever). I tried to get my iphone working though, since its already connected to the internet for streaming.

I'll try to post some "how to" photos next week.
I wonder, is the Honda e HDMI input HDCP 2.2 compliant? :geek:
jcharouz

Post by jcharouz »

As promised, here is the video on how to disable DD VSP error in the car:
fossilraf

Post by fossilraf »

jcharouz ... just curious, what are the fiXed bitton thingy's on the dash ?
jcharouz

Post by jcharouz »

fossilraf wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:41 pm jcharouz ... just curious, what are the fiXed bitton thingy's on the dash ?
magnets for iphone or ipad mounting.. :-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post