Center arm rest

All Honda E related discussions
jcharouz

Post by jcharouz »

rickwookie wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:20 am Two questions:

Have you designed it so that the height matches the height of the door arm rest?

Are the four screws that hold the top to the legs positioned equally wrt the long centreline of the top so that it can be flipped around for RHD cars (or to give access preference to the storage underneath to the passenger)?
Answer 1:
I designed to be comfortable for me, which translates to being a little lower than the door arm rest. Nevertheless, I made several heights options so if you want it as hight as the door arm rest, i've got you covered.

Answer 2:
Initially no, but the new version yes. :-)

Im just waiting on some materials now to start printing for customers.. I ran out during prototyping. :-) I already have one order for a righthand drive car, so as soon as its done, and everything is ok, i'll send you guys the buy link. You guys motivated me to set up a 1 product eshop. More products to come soon hopefully. Im also open to ideas. I was thinking maybe a wireless phone charger holder combo to go in front of the center console?

jcharouz

Post by jcharouz »

Hi everyone! Thanks for your amazing support. I put together the shop. If you'd like to order this product, please click here:

https://jansworkshop.cz/en/product/arm-rest/
Last edited by jcharouz on Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

Great idea! I see it’s tailored for left hand drive.
Could you make a right hand drive version available?
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

renedekat wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:42 am Great idea! I see it’s tailored for left hand drive.
Could you make a right hand drive version available?
-The arm rest is reversible (fits both left and right hand drive cars)
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

jcharouz wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:13 pm Hi everyone! Thanks for your amazing support. I put together the shop. If you'd like to order this product, please click here:

https://jansworkshop.cz/product/arm-rest/
Brilliant!

Is the height option measured from the inside base of the centre storage where it fits in?
jcharouz

Post by jcharouz »

The height is measured from the top of the removable divider
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

jcharouz wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:30 pm The height is measured from the top of the removable divider
Ah ok. I'll have to do some measurements then.

I wonder, would it be possible to just supply a couple of pairs of spacer blocks that go between the two lock-in base sections and the upper leg parts (with 4 long enough screws to go through any combination of spacers? That would allow perhaps 4 height options (no spacer, smaller spacers, larger spacers, and both spacers).

Charge extra for this "variable height" kit?
jcharouz

Post by jcharouz »

Hi, It's not a bad idea... I was thinking a lot on how to make the height adjustable, but every solution i came up with made the resulting product less stable.. You want to be able to put some weight on the arm rest, and if you have moving parts, than it makes it less stable... The spacer idea is good, but its not a "quick solution". The only time you need to adjust the height, is if you have a different driver in the car and the spacer idea can solve this, but you would need a hex wrench and a couple minutes of time to put it together. Also, the screws are a specific length, if they are too long, they would go through the top of the arm rest, so you would have the have a set of screws for every spacer. If you are the only driver, try to measure as best you can. I will send you an extra spacer for free to try out (just please add this comment when you order) If its still not good, then you can send the middle portion back and ill print you a new one in a different length.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

jcharouz wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:42 am ...the screws are a specific length, if they are too long, they would go through the top of the arm rest, so you would have the have a set of screws for every spacer.
Hmm, I was thinking the spacers would go here:

7EE63B4E-6D5E-4657-A176-4CEAEEFA7AD2.jpeg

tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

I've ordered one. Really looking forward to it!!