Center arm rest

All Honda E related discussions
jcharouz

Post by jcharouz »

Hi,

Does anyone miss an arm rest between the two front seats? I always had one in all my cars and it feels really awkward without one. Im currently making one to slot into the tray separator slots. As soon as its done, i'll post some photos. I was just wondering if im alone in this, or If any of you are missing it too. I even called my dealer if you can buy it as a accessory but they don't make one.

**UPDATE**
you can now buy it here:
https://jansworkshop.cz/en/product/arm-rest/
Last edited by jcharouz on Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bogga

Post by bogga »

jcharouz wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:54 pm Hi,

Does anyone miss an arm rest between the two front seats? I always had one in all my cars and it feels really awkward without one. Im currently making one to slot into the tray separator slots. As soon as its done, i'll post some photos. I was just wondering if im alone in this, or If any of you are missing it too. I even called my dealer if you can buy it as a accessory but they don't make one.
Yes I do, I was hoping some aftermarket company would come up with something...
jcharouz

Post by jcharouz »

This is the 3d model. Final product should be ready next week.

arm rest prototype.png

jcharouz

Post by jcharouz »

My dilemma is the material for the actual arm rest. Currently if thinking the top should be out of leather, like the steering wheel, or out of a fabric like the seat. I could also make it out of wood on my CNC, but im not sure i would get close enough with the color to the interior trim..
bogga

Post by bogga »

My car will have the black leather seats (sacrilege I know) , so I'd want that, however I don't have the means to make one... But I'd be willing to pay for the privilege.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

jcharouz, thank you for working on something like this and the HDMI hack. You can make a business out of this. Please update us on this project and how much sturdy you can get it not to move or make noises.
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Wow – jcharouz, what do you do for living?
Amazing work (and obviously a lot of insights into technology)!
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

That's definitely something I'd pay for! I guess the material is the biggest issue, as you mention. It's going to be difficult to get it matching 100% to either the cloth on the seats or the wood on he dash (I imagine), so a black leather to match the wheel is probably the easiest way to go.
keithr

Post by keithr »

jcharouz wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:02 pm Currently if thinking the top should be out of leather, like the steering wheel,
Is it leather? It looks a bit like leather but it feels like plastic!
jcharouz

Post by jcharouz »

I do marketing for a electric moped sharing company. But i have a small workshop and like making things in my free time. and @keithr, i agree i think its faux leather too on the steering wheel, so thats what i'll use to make the top part. Its quite a lot of printing and assembly time for the whole thing, so the price would have to be at least 150 GBP to make sense for me.. If you're interested, send me an email to charouz.jan@gmail.com and I can make one for you too.