Center arm rest

All Honda E related discussions
bogga

Post by bogga »

keithr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:23 pm
jcharouz wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:02 pm Currently if thinking the top should be out of leather, like the steering wheel,
Is it leather? It looks a bit like leather but it feels like plastic!
Pleather?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pleather

bogga

Post by bogga »

jcharouz wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:50 pm I do marketing for a electric moped sharing company. But i have a small workshop and like making things in my free time. and @keithr, i agree i think its faux leather too on the steering wheel, so thats what i'll use to make the top part. Its quite a lot of printing and assembly time for the whole thing, so the price would have to be at least 150 GBP to make sense for me.. If you're interested, send me an email to charouz.jan@gmail.com and I can make one for you too.
Sounds like a fair price, I await photo's of the real thing.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Fantastic
How hard is the plastic? I’m wondering if I could cover it in matching brown leather to my added rear cushions (keep quiet Advanced2020 at the back) and pad it? Would fine nails or staples go into the plastic underneath?
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

jcharouz wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:50 pm I do marketing for a electric moped sharing company. But i have a small workshop and like making things in my free time. and @keithr, i agree i think its faux leather too on the steering wheel, so thats what i'll use to make the top part. Its quite a lot of printing and assembly time for the whole thing, so the price would have to be at least 150 GBP to make sense for me.. If you're interested, send me an email to charouz.jan@gmail.com and I can make one for you too.
I think if you stick it on Etsy or something at £150, you’re going to be kept busy!
jcharouz

Post by jcharouz »

So the second prototype is done. Fits perfectly with no wobbles. :-) I ended up covering it in the faux leather and i think it doesn't look too bad. I want try it out for a couple of days, before i make any for you guys, but i have a good feeling that it should be fine. :-)

Here it is in the car:

IMG_3027.jpeg

IMG_3023.jpeg

IMG_3024.jpeg

IMG_3025.jpeg

IMG_3026.jpeg

jcharouz

Post by jcharouz »

Joolsdc wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:04 pm Fantastic
How hard is the plastic? I’m wondering if I could cover it in matching brown leather to my added rear cushions (keep quiet Advanced2020 at the back) and pad it? Would fine nails or staples go into the plastic underneath?
Sure, actually, the covering part takes the longest, so id be happy to make one and you can cover it yourself. :-) I used really small nails and glue to keep it in place. The plastic is PETG, which is very similar to the plastics used to make water bottles. the wall is 1mm thick, so i guess a good staple gun should go through without issues.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

jcharouz wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:37 pm So the second prototype is done. Fits perfectly with no wobbles. :-) I ended up covering it in the faux leather and i think it doesn't look too bad. I want try it out for a couple of days, before i make any for you guys, but i have a good feeling that it should be fine. :-)

Here it is in the car:
I LOVE the simplicity of your design, and that it keeps the storage area accessible. Brilliant. Well done!
TechJamo

Post by TechJamo »

jcharouz wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:37 pm So the second prototype is done. Fits perfectly with no wobbles. :-) I ended up covering it in the faux leather and i think it doesn't look too bad. I want try it out for a couple of days, before i make any for you guys, but i have a good feeling that it should be fine. :-)

Here it is in the car:
As soon as you've made this available on Ebay, i'ma need you to give me the Link to purchase 😁😁😁.
Best wishes,

Joel Justin | Founder & Content Creator
TECH JAMO YouTube Channel

Social Media: @TechJamo

Telephone/WhatsApp: +44 7586504544

MailTo: Hello@techjamo.com
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

You did a great job jcharouz, love it! 8-)
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Two questions:

Have you designed it so that the height matches the height of the door arm rest?

Are the four screws that hold the top to the legs positioned equally wrt the long centreline of the top so that it can be flipped around for RHD cars (or to give access preference to the storage underneath to the passenger)?