Nearside camera dips in reverse

All Honda E related discussions
MartinC

Post by MartinC »

Loving my less-that-one-week-old 'e'. I'm getting to grips with all the configurable bits on it but I haven't found a way to stop the nearside camera from tilting down when in reverse. It's a bit annoying (personally) when trying to reverse into a parking space that is not adjacent to a curb, like my drive. Also, I parallel park to the right almost as much as the left and the offside camera doesn't tilt. Well mine doesn't. Anyone know if it's possible to stop this behaviour?

Man-e

Post by Man-e »

Page 223 of the on-line PDF manual, you can adjust the position of the mirror view when in the different views, normal, wide and reverse.

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/man ... da%20e.pdf

So put in reverse and adjust the mirror to desired position.

On other Honda models, leaving the mirror adjuster switch in the centre position stops the mirror tilt, not sure if Honda e does.
MartinC

Post by MartinC »

Thanks for that. I'll have a look later and report back.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Man-e wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:39 am Page 223 of the on-line PDF manual, you can adjust the position of the mirror view when in the different views, normal, wide and reverse.

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/man ... da%20e.pdf

So put in reverse and adjust the mirror to desired position.

On other Honda models, leaving the mirror adjuster switch in the centre position stops the mirror tilt, not sure if Honda e does.
Yeah fwiw on my VW it only dips when the mirror adjuster switch is in the "L" position, so when I'm reversing NOT to reverse park to my left, I just have the adjuster switch in the centre position. I'll be disappointed if it can't be overridden in a similar way on the e.
MartinC

Post by MartinC »

I did try this last night after all. It appears that I could adjust the position of the n/s camera when in reverse and that new position remained after a power cycle.

Yeah fwiw on my VW it only dips when the mirror adjuster switch is in the "L" position, so when I'm reversing NOT to reverse park to my left, I just have the adjuster switch in the centre position. I'll be disappointed if it can't be overridden in a similar way on the e.
[/quote]
TechJamo

Post by TechJamo »

Yeah I found this confusing too... You have to adjust the mirror whilst it is in reverse, that way it will remember this setting for the next time you put it in reverse.
Best wishes,

Joel Justin | Founder & Content Creator
TECH JAMO YouTube Channel

Social Media: @TechJamo

Telephone/WhatsApp: +44 7586504544

MailTo: Hello@techjamo.com
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

TechJamo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:12 pm Yeah I found this confusing too... You have to adjust the mirror whilst it is in reverse, that way it will remember this setting for the next time you put it in reverse.
But there's no way to no have it move at all, for example when you're reversing but NOT parallel parking, like you can in other cars?
TechJamo

Post by TechJamo »

rickwookie wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:32 am
TechJamo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:12 pm Yeah I found this confusing too... You have to adjust the mirror whilst it is in reverse, that way it will remember this setting for the next time you put it in reverse.
But there's no way to no have it move at all, for example when you're reversing but NOT parallel parking, like you can in other cars?
Ahhh If you want it to stay in the same place, you have to make sure you're using the same mirrors for normal driving and reversing. In Vehicle Settings, it gives you the option of whether you would like to use the wide angle camera (underneath the camera / wing mirrors) or the normal camera (towards the rear of the camera/wing mirrors).

I can make a video if I havent explained myself properly :-)
Best wishes,

Joel Justin | Founder & Content Creator
TECH JAMO YouTube Channel

Social Media: @TechJamo

Telephone/WhatsApp: +44 7586504544

MailTo: Hello@techjamo.com
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

TechJamo wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:23 am
rickwookie wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:32 am
Ahhh If you want it to stay in the same place, you have to make sure you're using the same mirrors for normal driving and reversing. In Vehicle Settings, it gives you the option of whether you would like to use the wide angle camera (underneath the camera / wing mirrors) or the normal camera (towards the rear of the camera/wing mirrors).

I can make a video if I havent explained myself properly :-)
Yeah, a video might help, because I'm not really following mate.