Heated Windscreen

All Honda E related discussions
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Sousaphone wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:48 am I can find a single reference in the manual, so my best guess is that it could be automagically turned on and off?

Edit: Found the right one too. Page 249.
Ah ok, so it’s auto only, unlike the rear, unless you have the blower on too? I noticed this morning when I was driving to buy my extension lead with perilously low SoC and subsequently freezing my arse off as I was driving with the climate switched off, that the windscreen stayed clear the whole time even with the shocking weather.

The little windscreen icon with the seated character was still displayed on the climate display.

Nebrog23

Post by Nebrog23 »

rickwookie wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:05 pm [quote=Sousaphone post_id=4727 time=<a href="tel:1601707708">1601707708</a> user_id=127]
I can find a single reference in the manual, so my best guess is that it could be automagically turned on and off?

Edit: Found the right one too. Page 249.
Ah ok, so it’s auto only, unlike the rear, unless you have the blower on too? I noticed this morning when I was driving to buy my extension lead with perilously low SoC and subsequently freezing my arse off as I was driving with the climate switched off, that the windscreen stayed clear the whole time even with the shocking weather.

The little windscreen icon with the seated character was still displayed on the climate display.
[/quote]

Has anyone confirmed that the front heated windscreen will operate without the climate on as long as the little windscreen icon is on?
I’d be quite happy with just the heated screen, seats and steering will on
It would of been much easier to just have a button for the front heated screen!
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Nebrog23 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:07 am Has anyone confirmed that the front heated windscreen will operate without the climate on as long as the little windscreen icon is on?
Nope. I've found the only way to drive without the climate is to give the front window a 5 second blast using the demist button manually whenever it starts to mist up. This varies obviously depending on how many breathing people are in the car, and the general temperature and humidity inside/outside.
Nebrog23

Post by Nebrog23 »

rickwookie wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:58 am
Nebrog23 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:07 am Has anyone confirmed that the front heated windscreen will operate without the climate on as long as the little windscreen icon is on?
Nope. I've found the only way to drive without the climate is to give the front window a 5 second blast using the demist button manually whenever it starts to mist up. This varies obviously depending on how many breathing people are in the car, and the general temperature and humidity inside/outside.

Thanks, odd implementation of the heated front screen on Honda’s part really! No idea when it’s on or not