Rear seat help

All Honda E related discussions
mike5im5

Post by mike5im5 »

Hi all,

A potential new owner here. We test drove the e yesterday and a bmw i3 straight afterwards. On paper these cars should be a straight comparison. It was not even close though. Both my wife and me preferred the Honda in every sense (I would say the bmw felt more lively but not in a good way).

So one niggling question I hope someone can answer me before we take the plunge. What is the inside measurements of the rear seats? Dealer can’t tell me when I rang today.

The reason I’m asking is we have 3 young children (All under 6). This is intended as a second vehicle so we’d take the other vehicle if all going out together. So the 4 seats and limited range wasn’t a deal breaker. However I’ve thought about using something like this https://www.multimac.com/ instead Of our 3 child seats (2 in back and 1 in front) Would free up an extra adult seat in front if it fits. They come in 1000 (fiat 500, Ford last etc), 1140 (mini, i3 etc) and 1240 (vw polo, fiesta etc) width. Which model would fit the e do you think? Ideally we’d want as many of the larger seats (400 wide) as possible. My suspicion is the 1140 (same as the i3) but would love the 1240 if it would fit.

NewCode

Post by NewCode »

Had a quick look for you, but I have my own car seat in the back so was a bit fiddly to measure, maybe one of the child free forum members can have a go too?

Wasn’t sure exactly what dimension you need, but maybe this helps? I’ve effectively measured the entire width of the folding part?

798EAD8C-B796-47C1-81DF-C8663BC949D5.jpeg

mike5im5

Post by mike5im5 »

Thank you so much. Out of interest. When the doors are shut do the door cards come right in over the sides of the seats we excluded?

Either way to sit completely flush I think it should probably sit within that area you measured. 110cm it is! Thank you!
NewCode

Post by NewCode »

This pic is looking straight down (using the iPhones indicator to be sure it is straight)

34613F7D-8E01-4087-ACBA-725BB110FFC6.jpeg

So, no overlap.
mike5im5

Post by mike5im5 »

Fantastic, thanks again for the fast reply (and time to go and check).

Looks like another 7-10cm either side then. So could be as wide as 124cm (the next size up) if you don't mind the seats not going back completely flush. I'll await a reply from the manufacturer but getting the multimac club with wider (40cm) seats would be a massive bonus. Making the Honda E a 5 seater is a complete game changer for us. Just the small boot being the only real negative.
NewCode

Post by NewCode »

It is a very small boot. Our extra small travel pushchair is too large to go in the boot.

(In the Suzuki swift sport I had before I could fit the large one in the boot with one wheel removed, and the small one would actually rattle about loose in the boot so much I had to tether it down)
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

mike5im5 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:55 am Fantastic, thanks again for the fast reply (and time to go and check).

Looks like another 7-10cm either side then. So could be as wide as 124cm (the next size up) if you don't mind the seats not going back completely flush. I'll await a reply from the manufacturer but getting the multimac club with wider (40cm) seats would be a massive bonus. Making the Honda E a 5 seater is a complete game changer for us. Just the small boot being the only real negative.
I don't know if it isn’t the same in the UK as here in NL, but the e is a four-seater car (also only 4 seat belts) and therefore you are not allowed to sit/drive in the car with five people. Just check the relevant authorities to be sure.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
mike5im5

Post by mike5im5 »

iHansz wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:31 pm
mike5im5 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:55 am Fantastic, thanks again for the fast reply (and time to go and check).

I don't know if it isn’t the same in the UK as here in NL, but the e is a four-seater car (also only 4 seat belts) and therefore you are not allowed to sit/drive in the car with five people. Just check the relevant authorities to be sure.
It’s ok here as long as you let your insurer know.
mike5im5

Post by mike5im5 »

NewCode wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:04 pm It is a very small boot. Our extra small travel pushchair is too large to go in the boot.

(In the Suzuki swift sport I had before I could fit the large one in the boot with one wheel removed, and the small one would actually rattle about loose in the boot so much I had to tether it down)
Which travel pushchair do you have? We have a mountain buggy (designed to fit in aircraft overheads). Wheels also come off easily. We could live without it fitting though. Only need it another year or two
NewCode

Post by NewCode »

mike5im5 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:35 pm Which travel pushchair do you have? We have a mountain buggy (designed to fit in aircraft overheads). Wheels also come off easily. We could live without it fitting though. Only need it another year or two
It’s a mountain buggy nano I have.

So I thought I’d stick it in the car to show you how it doesn’t fit.

5B336F3B-6386-4BC6-A16F-3307E39E9249.jpeg

And to my surprise, it actually does fit.

B478CC8A-0798-4775-BE2F-71D20D2E63B7.jpeg

I think maybe I just assumed it wouldn’t it because it looks like it sticks over the plastic area at the rear.

Well, that’s handy anyway. Glad we had this conversation!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post