Rear seat help

All Honda E related discussions
mike5im5

Post by mike5im5 »

NewCode wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:34 pm
mike5im5 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:35 pm Which travel pushchair do you have? We have a mountain buggy (designed to fit in aircraft overheads). Wheels also come off easily. We could live without it fitting though. Only need it another year or two
It’s a mountain buggy nano I have.

So I thought I’d stick it in the car to show you how it doesn’t fit.

5B336F3B-6386-4BC6-A16F-3307E39E9249.jpeg

And to my surprise, it actually does fit.

B478CC8A-0798-4775-BE2F-71D20D2E63B7.jpeg

I think maybe I just assumed it wouldn’t it because it looks like it sticks over the plastic area at the rear.

Well, that’s handy anyway. Glad we had this conversation!
that’s great!! With the charge cable too. :lol: :shock:

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

mike5im5 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:34 pm
iHansz wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:31 pm
mike5im5 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:55 am Fantastic, thanks again for the fast reply (and time to go and check).

Looks like another 7-10cm either side then. So could be as wide as 124cm (the next size up) if you don't mind the seats not going back completely flush. I'll await a reply from the manufacturer but getting the multimac club with wider (40cm) seats would be a massive bonus. Making the Honda E a 5 seater is a complete game changer for us. Just the small boot being the only real negative.
I don't know if it isn’t the same in the UK as here in NL, but the e is a four-seater car (also only 4 seat belts) and therefore you are not allowed to sit/drive in the car with five people. Just check the relevant authorities to be sure.
It’s ok here as long as you let your insurer know.
Sorry, but in the UK not only are you wrong, it is also very dangerous & irresponsible to overload a car designed for 4 people with a 5th person. Not only would your insurance be invalid with the driver therefore financially responsible for any injury claim, you would also be facing a conviction with a fine/points on your licence in the event of a incident or if stopped by the police.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
mike5im5

Post by mike5im5 »

londiniumperson wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:31 pm
mike5im5 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:34 pm
iHansz wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:31 pm

I don't know if it isn’t the same in the UK as here in NL, but the e is a four-seater car (also only 4 seat belts) and therefore you are not allowed to sit/drive in the car with five people. Just check the relevant authorities to be sure.
It’s ok here as long as you let your insurer know.
Sorry, but in the UK not only are you wrong, it is also very dangerous & irresponsible to overload a car designed for 4 people with a 5th person. Not only would your insurance be invalid with the driver therefore financially responsible for any injury claim, you would also be facing a conviction with a fine/points on your licence in the event of a incident or if stopped by the police.
I wasn’t suggesting overloading the car. This is an eu crash tested and approved safety seat. The insurers would obviously have to be ok with it too. Hence letting them know.

https://www.multimac.com/insurance
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

Note how they explicitly do not mention legal status anywhere on their site. Insurance and crash tests, but nothing on legality. Here in Denmark those things would most likely be entirely illegal unless mounted in a non-removable manner and with a completely new type approval of the car.
mike5im5

Post by mike5im5 »

Sousaphone wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:43 pm Note how they explicitly do not mention legal status anywhere on their site. Insurance and crash tests, but nothing on legality. Here in Denmark those things would most likely be entirely illegal unless mounted in a non-removable manner and with a completely new type approval of the car.
Yep. I’m assuming the legality would be country dependent too. I’ll be as certain as I can before deciding so thanks fir the warnings.

At the end of the day in my mind (as long as it’s safe in the eyes of the law). Honda crash test 2 full sized grown adults in there. The multimac are for children below 36kg, are securely attached directly to the seat belt harness bolts underneath the seats, and offer children 5 point harnesses and adjustable protection for the sides of heads. That already feels safer than most eu approved high back boosters that people sling in their cars. If your a taxi over here you are exempt from that even. I worry about my kids safety too and don’t take these decisions lightly.

Thanks all for the quick responses. Certainly more info than I got at the dealership. :)
soywasabi

Post by soywasabi »

Is the Mountain buggy Nano able to stand vertically in the boot without touching the rear glass? I'm looking at the duo version for twins and I'm struggling to find a pram that fits all of our cars.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post