Sport mode

All Honda E related discussions
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

advance2020 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:03 am Almost a piece of trivia, but I wonder whether you “bother” with Sport mode?
No doubt like me you tried it on your Test Drive, and perhaps, if you want to “impress” a passenger, but having gone through that initial phase, is it helpful?

We know it does little more than increase sensitivity of the pedal response. And although it made me smile on my First Drive home, it is not often that I use it. So I thought I would explain, why and await your comments.

Sport mode could be useful, if you are overtaking. But I find the car is “responsive” enough without. And switching into Sport requires forethought.

And even when I see a clear road ahead, and feel like having fun, I would rather watch in the rear view mirror, as the car behind shrinks to a dot, that bother switching modes.
My default driving settings are Sport mode, VSA, RDM and CMBS off..
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Have had a little play now with Sport Mode, other than the red "Sport" indication on the driver display, I'm not sure I can tell any difference to "Normal" mode.
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

Great to see lots of love for the S2000! :)

I can see the appeal of Sport mode. I remember watching a documentary on Ferrari F1 years ago about how Rubens and Michael liked their cars set up so differently. Rubens liked a really short travel to the throttle, almost binary, where Michael wanted longer more granular control. So it's totally a personal preference. I prefer it to be more granular especially for fine mid-corner inputs, but in this car it doesn't matter because I'm trying to find the limit.

Is there access to more aggressive regen in Sport, or is that the same?
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

I note that you can't change into (or out of) Sport Mode while cornering.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Despite what I said above, I switched into Sport mode coming home from my Dealers in Salisbury yesterday. And it was fun. Boy it was fun on an open road in Lockdown. And I still AVG 3.5m/kWh over the 52 mile round trip - did take it more steadily going down AVG 3.9 (yes more downhill going). 8-9C
I was surprised how little Sport mode and accelerating quite briskly ate into the battery. Hence quoting AVG - I did use One Pedal mode as usual.
So I will use Sport mode more often, when driving without the wife in the car!
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post