Front lights low-beam?

All Honda E related discussions
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

Hi guys.

I’ve now had a chance to drive mine around in the dark a couple of times and I get the feeling sometimes the front lights are too bright. I live in a city so sometimes there’s a lot of street lights, sometimes not so much, and I guess this confuses the auto system, which is expected.

I drive with it in Auto:

8F6C086D-96A7-4604-8379-E609F8FF777C.jpeg

But manually switching to “low-beam” as stated below by turning the light switch off Auto still gives a very powerful light? Am I misunderstanding how low/high beam works, or is it just the LEDs that are really bright? Because it feels like I’m driving with high beams all the time as soon as the sun thinks about going down. It’s worth noting though that it isn’t high beams I’m running with all the time as pushing the lever forward clearly enables it as the front lights become even brighter.

171B1173-5202-4D1F-BB05-55CC24025C11.jpeg

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

The LED headlights are no match for Toyota LED headlamps, My Volvo advanced adaptive headlamps (that even steer when cornering) but there again the headlamps in the Volvo sit higher from the ground which will have an additional impact. That said they are way better than halogens but I would not say they are overly bright (I was on night shift last week) but they do switch into full beam quite readily more so than other cars I've owned when on auto
Ex e owner
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

So I went today and had my lights checked out as they seem overly annoying for everyone on the road but me. Sure enough, they told me the lights aren’t angled properly. Apparently they’re supposed to be aimed some percentage downwards and mine are shooting straight ahead, which means after a handful of meters the cone shoots straight into the face of oncoming drivers.

I’ll have to make an appointment with the Honda dealer now to go get them angled or something..

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post