Advice on the best way to view Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc

All Honda E related discussions
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Haaploos wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:28 am
I have also had some problems with the official HDMI adapter where it only plays sound. Had a hard time discovering why it was like this, but I’ve discovered that it may have something to do with the phone also being connected to the car through CarPlay. So disconnecting the phone from the car and then using the adapter seemed to fix it for me. Maybe you should try and see if that it’s the same with yours?
That's right, I forgot to mention that. Disconnect CarPlay by disconnecting BlueTooth and it works fine.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I bought a phone just for Android Auto, to leave it plugged in all the time in my glovebox :)
So I have Waze on all the time I start the car and don't have to mess with my phone and save my main phone's battery by not charging it full all the time.
Disadvantages, no phone calls or notifications connected to the car.
Stiwaz

Post by Stiwaz »

A lot of you use chromecast. How do you use it?
The only way i got chromecast to work is with two phones. One phone using personal hotspot to share net and one to cast from (norwegian isp called telenor). I have not managed to cast from the same phone that the chromecast is connected to. Are you using the hotspot from the car?
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I use hotspot of my phone, connect the car and Chromecast to it automatically. If I want to cast a youtube video, open youtube on my phone and click the cast icon on the video and select the Chromecast. The Chromecast will then open its youtube app and opens the video. Not casting my phone's screen.
Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

Thanks everyone for their kind feedback!
I managed to get it working from an Ipad, via a Belkin USB-C>HDMI adapter and HDMI cable....
Not a very useful setup I would admit, as you can watch on the IPad instead directly, but this is about the principle.
Which is bit cumbersome and certainly bulky and expensive (IPhone Apple adapter!), so quite like the Firestick / HDMI angle solution.
Ideally you would stream all this directly to a suitable CarPlay app and have an easier solution for co-driver watching while driving as well...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post