Getting a lot of looks!

All Honda E related discussions
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

This car is getting a lot of attention from people.

Plenty of people slow down when they pass, and people on foot turn around.

Yesterday I had a teenage boy taking his phone out when he saw me coming. I could see him filming the car in the rear view mirror.

Last week I motorcyclist tilted his head in greeting/appreciation, and a guy with an E-Tron took a picture of the open charge lid (weird).

Lastly, a parent was showing his child my car and how the mirror cameras work.

The car gets attention from young and old, and that’s a great advert for unique/fun design.

Malcs

Post by Malcs »

Had the same thing of a pedestrian seeing you approach and turning on their heels as you pass. He was in his late sixties but most attention I find is from twentysomethings. Only seen 2 other e’s on the road. Acknowledged a white one only to be ignored. Second was a metallic steel which I noticed at the last minute and missed the opportunity of a wave. I live in a small town on the south coast so perhaps more inhabit big towns and cities
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Malcs wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:29 pm ...Acknowledged a white one only to be ignored...
😂

darrenj1

Post by darrenj1 »

Had a guy pointing at my car to his mates from the pub window
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

Chester's Mrs comments daily about the different people that are looking, smiling, waving, taking pictures all sorts. I was heading through town last weekend, left-hand lane of a dual carriageway coming to a stand-still, when a 20 something year-old dabbed the horn to grab my attention whilst in the right-hand lane, gave me a massive thumbs up, grinning from ear to ear, even bouncing up and down in the drivers seat with excitement!

We had absolutely zero idea that it was going to get any attention at all, but it turns out it does a lot!
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

Met a lovely cream coloured MG B going the other way a few days ago, we shared an approving nod at each other’s choice of car.

I’ve stopped counting the number of people looking at the car when I drive past, but it seems to put smiles on faces and induce curiosity on an almost industrial scale.
keithr

Post by keithr »

Enjoy it while you can, because it won't last for long. I remember when I bought my first smart fortwo, back around the year 2000, I think. It was a lefthand drive import, because they weren't officially imported to the UK back then. Adults would stare amazed with dropped jaws, children and teenagers would point and smile or laugh, some would give a thumbs up and shout "Well done" (presumably for buying a small, more environmentally friendly car?). It was quite amusing for a while. But eventually people got used to them, and they don't take any notice anymore. They'll likewise get used to seeing the Honda e, so enjoy the attention while it lasts. :)
Minky92

Post by Minky92 »

Yep... My passenger keeps pointing out the turned heads. Parked up at a charge point outside of an IKEA the other day and caught a lot of stares from the huge shopping queue... I do love the attention it gets, even when it makes failing to get a charger working properly a lot more awkward!

I've yet to see any other Es in the wild. Do we know roughly how many are roaming the UK at this point?
NewCode

Post by NewCode »

keithr wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:04 pm Enjoy it while you can, because it won't last for long.
You sound like a world weary actress passing on some advice to a Hollywood starlet.

“Enjoy it, doll. [drags on cigarette] One day they’ll pay you no attention and you’ll be discarded, just like me!”
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

NewCode wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:49 pm
keithr wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:04 pm Enjoy it while you can, because it won't last for long.
You sound like a world weary actress passing on some advice to a Hollywood starlet.

“Enjoy it, doll. [drags on cigarette] One day they’ll pay you no attention and you’ll be discarded, just like me!”
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only