First Celebrity Owner?

All Honda E related discussions
Wee Peem

Post by Wee Peem »

Just by owning a HONDAe surely makes us all celebrities!

ilscoupe

Post by ilscoupe »

ChesterUK wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:00 am Honda e and a mug a tea! Spot on! :D

I'm quite surprised. I'd have thought if he bought anything from Honda it would be a ride-on lawnmower. An old one that needs a bit of tinkering.
I expect he's already got quite a few Honda combustion engine products. :D
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

So did anyone else in the UK catch this on Monday? https://www.channel4.com/programmes/guy ... ectric-car contained his Honda e and made me apoplectic with rage by the end (I expect Hyundai UK were probably even more angry though).
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
keithr

Post by keithr »

MattHero wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:44 am So did anyone else in the UK catch this on Monday? guy-martin-the-worlds-fastest-electric-car contained his Honda e and made me apoplectic with rage by the end (I expect Hyundai UK were probably even more angry though).
Yes, I watched it. I don't understand why it enraged you so much though.
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

keithr wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:49 pm Yes, I watched it. I don't understand why it enraged you so much though.
The farcical trip he took in that Ioniq5 where he seemed to be only getting 1.6m per kWh out of it, and then claiming it would have been cheaper to do that run in a diesel car? The statement that EVs are only useful if you only need to travel 50 miles?

And then there was the whole fire test on what wasn't an EV, but what looked like a Citroen C1 with a boot full of lead acid cells?
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

MattHero wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:13 pm
keithr wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:49 pm Yes, I watched it. I don't understand why it enraged you so much though.
The farcical trip he took in that Ioniq5 where he seemed to be only getting 1.6m per kWh out of it, and then claiming it would have been cheaper to do that run in a diesel car? The statement that EVs are only useful if you only need to travel 50 miles?

And then there was the whole fire test on what wasn't an EV, but what looked like a Citroen C1 with a boot full of lead acid cells?
That was a Citroën C1 ev'ie, which was converted by a 3rd party company 'Electric Car Corporation plc', by replacing the petrol engine with an electric one between 2009 & 2011.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:12 pm That was a Citroën C1 ev'ie, which was converted by a 3rd party company 'Electric Car Corporation plc', by replacing the petrol engine with an electric one between 2009 & 2011.
I stand corrected and thanks for the genuinely interesting extra info.
londiniumperson

MattHero wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:24 pm
londiniumperson wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:12 pm That was a Citroën C1 ev'ie, which was converted by a 3rd party company 'Electric Car Corporation plc', by replacing the petrol engine with an electric one between 2009 & 2011.
I stand corrected and thanks for the genuinely interesting extra info.
I only realised this EV existed when I watched the programme, but using it to prove a point must have involved dredging the bottom of someone's integrity to imply that it could be used for this purpose.
Then again it's probably normal every day decision making for those involved, not only in their profession but everyday life.
londiniumperson

keithr wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:49 pm
MattHero wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:44 am So did anyone else in the UK catch this on Monday? guy-martin-the-worlds-fastest-electric-car contained his Honda e and made me apoplectic with rage by the end (I expect Hyundai UK were probably even more angry though).
Yes, I watched it. I don't understand why it enraged you so much though.
I think I know exactly why he was so enraged and I'll post my own thoughts in a separate post.
londiniumperson

If anyone doesn't want to watch this, then I can summarize it as:
Guy Martin re-invents the wheel - He installs the drivetrain from the most advanced production BEV into an old VW Beetle and discovers that it's not as fast as the car it came out of. As proven by Jay Leno towards the end of the programme.*
After watching this l had to go & sit in a dark padded room, but when I eventually calmed down I came up with the idea of powering my car with potatoes. If you have watched the programme then you'll understand.

The problem with this programme is that it's dumbed down in typical Channel 4 & 5 fashion. So it'll trigger anyone with an ounce of intelligence or that sense that's in very short supply (common sense).

And there's his partner lying in the first few minutes and obviously telling everyone she knows, the same lie, where she ran out of power. When pressed by Guy she then admitted that she didn't actually run out but got home. It's people like this who lie to justify their prejudices that boil my piss.

Then also take the comments on the Morris JE Commercial van, Guy is very misinformed (probably by the ignorant production team) and says get a 200 mile range and it's a city delivery van, however very few city need a 100 mile range let alone 200 and there are a number of makes of BEV vans that are already available and currently used just for this purpose.

This might be semantics but Ionity chargers are NOT Superchargers, that name belongs to the Tesla charging network.

I just loved the hypocrisy of the YouTuber that complained about the uselessness of the power of Guy's Beetle on the public roads and then proceeded to take Guy out in his high powered performance car. I assume that he needs to bad mouth EVs because it's a threat to his income.

Just as this programme started, I said to my son, 'Why doesn't Guy just borrow the latest Tesla rather than mess about with the Beetle?', they then proceeded to put an old Tesla drivetrain in the Beetle & Jay Leno then trounces the world record in, yes you've guessed it, a production Tesla; I guess then the programme would have been over in 5 minutes.
journalist
If anyone has bothered to read to the end will be pleased to know that my opinion of these programme producers have not changed (they must be cut from the same cloth as 'journalists'), they have concreted my impression that they are still the typical lazy, ill informed, incompetent purveyor of lies & misinformation. I guess money still drives this trash rather than honesty and integrity.

* Some artistic bullshit, aka journalism.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post