Cargo Net?

All Honda E related discussions
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Wondering if anyone has found a suitable cargo net that you could use on the two central attachments points in the boot? I'd really like to continue to keep all the leads and associated stuff in there in case, but one of the consequences of it being so quiet is I can hear everything sliding about on cornering.

I presume there's probably an official accessory? But a lower cost option would be great too. [EDIT: no official accessory I can see]
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I hang the lead bags on the hooks on the sides
Ex e owner
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

milligoon wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:39 am I hang the lead bags on the hooks on the sides
That's a good solution for them, I have another bag of bits (tyre compressor etc) too. I've found a 55cmx25cm net that I've ordered, which I think should hold everything when stretched out. If it works, I'll update!
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I keep the Type 2 lead on the bag hanging on one of the side hooks & everything else under the boot floor:
3 pin charger, 10m waterproof extension lead, warning triangle, first aid kit, hi-vis waistcoat, locking wheel nut, window squeegee, there maybe more but that's what I can remember off the top of my head.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
mrdo

Post by mrdo »

Has anyone found a suitable cargo net? Is there an official one?
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

mrdo wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:41 pm Has anyone found a suitable cargo net? Is there an official one?
Well, no idea if an official one ever appeared..... but the one I bought back at the time - and described above - has worked out well and holds my charging cables, tyre compressor and screen cover nice and neatly against the back of the seats.
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

I just bought a couple of canvas straps from Halfords with the press and grip holder, one on each side from the seat clip to the clip down by the bumper level. Make them long enough to let out for the seat to go fully down (I cut excess and sealed with a match flame) and now tighten up shopping bags and other stuff each side nice and tight to not slide around. I also have one of those rectangular canvas boxes with the multiple compartments that fold in flat, they are also useful to pack with smaller shopping bags in compartments not to slide around and rattle