5000km / 4months status

All Honda E related discussions
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Ours have now done 5000km and is a week short of 4 months since delivery. Heres a few stats and opinions:
- Average consumption acc. to board computer 18,3kWh/100km
- Power consumed 1000kWh
- Lowest charge 14% (limped home a couple of times)
- Wife still loves it
- 2x Recall (some update and charge port plastics)
- 2x Alarms going off due to bad weather
- 1x Board computer crashed and reset to factory settings.
- App still not working

I like the car for what it is. Great little runabout. I love the cost of running it until now. I love not having to fuel. I love its special. I find normal mirrors dated and even rearview camera I use most of the time.

I don't understand the door handles - won't get used to those.
I expected more information about battery status, power consumption from the board computer.
I don't find the driving position comfortable. Wheels too high, arms hanging from it.

I hate the beta-level drivers assists - lane assist and auto braking really shouldn't be used outside a controlled test facility with the level of unreliability and potential for hazardous situations the demonstrate occationally. Especially hammering the brakes for no good reason pisses me off (I know it a common problem across modern cars of all makes, but that doesn't help).
Considering the immaturity of the tech I find it completely unacceptable that they cannot be turned of permanently.
I hate the monthly fees related to some functions and that several basic functions aren't even available in my region (nobody told me before purchase).

I am super disappointed with the maturity of the product I have been sold. Had the wife not been happy with it, I would have demanded Honda to solve the problems to the level where the car deliveres what was promissed in the sales material or give me a full refund. I am confident, nobody would have accepted this many bugs in a new product 10years ago (thanks Apple and Tesla).

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Thanks for your summary after 4 months of ownership.

How do you obtain the overall average consumption (since new), I've checked the manual and it doesn't appear possible on my car with the way that I've set it up.

No recalls for my car yet, but I don't expect any considering the lack of customer service from the dealer, it would have to be direct from Honda before I'll find out.

I like the door handle operation with the Keyless Access System, just lightly touch under the handle to unlock it.

As for the safety assists, I have very little issue with it, the only annoyance is that at times on a dual carriageway on a bend it'll sometimes suddenly apply regen/brake when it detects a car in the other lane thinking it's in my lane.

The main negative is the customer experience and the app or should I say lack there of from every interaction with the dealer and Honda themselves.

Every time I drive the car I love it, but conversely every time I think of the app or the dealer, I think that I should have chosen EV from another manufacturer, especially after last weekends test drive of the Polestar 2.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

londiniumperson wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:32 pm How do you obtain the overall average consumption (since new)
I just left trip A running. Trip B resets at charging.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Trykpaa wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:21 pm
londiniumperson wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:32 pm How do you obtain the overall average consumption (since new)
I just left trip A running. Trip B resets at charging.
That's what I suspected, my Trip A resets every journey whereas Trip B resets every charge.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
aarfeldt

Post by aarfeldt »

We passed 3000km today.

2 recalls (NFC controller and charge port plastic)
Handles are great, "mirrors" is a positive experience, performance is great, handling is great (if you dare to go as quick as it can).
App is working great (but a bit slow), functions as promised (even the programmable heating).
Honda support has been great (domestic and foreign).

Overall: extremely happy.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Wow you guys are putting on the kilometres/miles. I’m not going anywhere really. Only done about 400 miles since 1st September 😊
So far very pleased with the e. It brings joy. It’s not an appliance. I completely agree with other comments about fun to drive/beautiful interior.
I like the door handles and opening as you approach. The App is C+ could try harder. It adds value to the BEV, but could be much better. I’ve asked for a few months use free as it took them a couple of months to fix - not heard back.
My dealership experience has been excellent. Honda UK seem a bit disorganised.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Trykpaa wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:18 pm - Lowest charge 14% (limped home a couple of times)
Lightweight! :lol:

2020-10-22 (10).png

Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Longish trip + degradation assessment (?)

122,7km today to see family. 12°C, a bit windy, climate on 23°C, mostly motorway. Average 19,5kWh/100km and 100-12% charge. I get that to 139km range and 27,2kWh battery capacity.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Trykpaa wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:18 pm Ours have now done 5000km and is a week short of 4 months since delivery. Heres a few stats and opinions:
- Average consumption acc. to board computer 18,3kWh/100km
- Power consumed 1000kWh
- Lowest charge 14% (limped home a couple of times)
- Wife still loves it
- 2x Recall (some update and charge port plastics)
- 2x Alarms going off due to bad weather
- 1x Board computer crashed and reset to factory settings.
- App still not working

I like the car for what it is. Great little runabout. I love the cost of running it until now. I love not having to fuel. I love its special. I find normal mirrors dated and even rearview camera I use most of the time.

I don't understand the door handles - won't get used to those.
I expected more information about battery status, power consumption from the board computer.
I don't find the driving position comfortable. Wheels too high, arms hanging from it.

I hate the beta-level drivers assists - lane assist and auto braking really shouldn't be used outside a controlled test facility with the level of unreliability and potential for hazardous situations the demonstrate occationally. Especially hammering the brakes for no good reason pisses me off (I know it a common problem across modern cars of all makes, but that doesn't help).
Considering the immaturity of the tech I find it completely unacceptable that they cannot be turned of permanently.
I hate the monthly fees related to some functions and that several basic functions aren't even available in my region (nobody told me before purchase).

I am super disappointed with the maturity of the product I have been sold. Had the wife not been happy with it, I would have demanded Honda to solve the problems to the level where the car deliveres what was promissed in the sales material or give me a full refund. I am confident, nobody would have accepted this many bugs in a new product 10years ago (thanks Apple and Tesla).
Having close to 7600km myself, I agree with everything you said... the driving position is ok with me. I always turn off driving assists before driving... stil waiting for an infotainment replacement and i have no news of when honda app will be avaliable.

The car has potential but was a hurry up before EU emissions tax comes up product.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

Thank goodness it’s a 2 year PCP!