Steeler bull

All Honda E related discussions
Maggie_G

Post by Maggie_G »

I'm getting annoyed with my dealership with my E order. I get covid and issues at ports blah blah.

But when I ordered it was ,oh this is available in grey in 10 days. As I didn't want to wait till next year for black I went with the grey. A week later I get told 26th of Oct. And today I get told 30th.

When they said the 26th they said it's on a boat near Italy a present.

Now they are saying it's still on a boat. I said I could of swam faster

Just think I'm being taking as a mug.

Anyone got any experience with their order or what I can do. Should I threaten to cancel?

I just feel they roped me in with the thought of a shiny new toy in less than 2 weeks to get the sale

Isow

Post by Isow »

Tell them that you are not happy customer , as they promised you
a grey e in 10 days and you that you have no intention of giving 5 stars on the inevitable customer satisfaction Survey you will receive from Honda.
Tell them that they could make you happy if they would supply you with a black e instead
of the grey. You only ordered a grey because you were wrongly told, and therefore misled,
that delivery would be in 10 days after signing the contract.
I think black is the colour you really want.
Not all the cars on the ship will be sold
The ships delivering Honda’s from Japan often dock in Livorno.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

From my experience, you have limited options.

What you've experienced so far is normal from a Honda dealer as far as I've discovered. This is the first new car I've ever bought so cannot give first hand experience on other manufacturers but my used car experience is that 99.999% will say what you want to hear to win a sale, I naively thought that buying a brand new car would be different, especially as they wouldn't entertain any discount on the car or options, but at the time was told that I couldn't not move my reservation to another dealer (by the dealer & Honda UK) so had no option if I wanted to guarantee getting a new e.

I never had a good customer experience at all from Honda and gave some feedback afterwards, this went down like a cup of cold sick with them. I know because the salesman told me that even though I had made comments on the feedback form he'd still do what he could to resolve the issue with the app, which turned out to be sweet fa. Once I had to threaten action they did fix it, 2 months later I can now use the app.

If you're interested, my comments were that the dealer didn't add anything to the buying process, I had to constantly chase them up, even to get the car ordered before the Oct 2019 cut off date to be allocated a car in the first UK batch.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Have a look at your contract, if it has a set delivery date filled in on it then it has to be there within a certain time of said date or you can walk away at nil cost to you. In my case it was on the reverse.
Ex e owner
Maggie_G

Post by Maggie_G »

My wife rang them up and magically it is now in the country and should be the 26th! But needs time for the paint protection proccess when they get it. Which the wife had to tell them we didn't buy that !
We've left it at if we don't get the car by the 27th then we are without a car and insurance and need a pool car until they get their act together. I thought the experience buying a new car would be good. I normally buy private to avoid the fools in showrooms. And because of covid don't even get a free coffee.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

It is definitely down to the dealer and dealer principal
My Worcester one has been really helpful
Are you UK based? You could move your order
Or negotiate a few extras for the delay
Maggie_G

Post by Maggie_G »

Leicester one for me. My gripe is that they led me to believe that il get in 10days and I even was saying I'd struggle to sell my car in time for the deposit. They never once said 'dont worry it's never been that quick since we've started selling them.'
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Maggie_G wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:26 pm ...
I normally buy private to avoid the fools in showrooms.
That was my attitude before the Honda e, and sadly after 2 months of ownership that is still my view. I doubt that I'll ever buy new again unless I get a stonking deal on a new car.

If you really want the Honda I think that your best bet will be to ring around the dealers to find one with a car in stock, and buy that. I'm sure at least one person on this forum has done just this and collected it after only a couple of days.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
MartinC

Post by MartinC »

My dealer, Hendy Honda in Portsmouth, has bent over backwards to help. The buying process was smooth (Black Advanced, 16") and they only gave us a delivery window rather than a date; mid September. It turned out to be late September. The app isn't working properly and the salesman has intervened with Honda support to get action (still not working - but he is trying hard). We noticed a rattle starting somewhere in the dash and Hendy scheduled in at the end of the week with a courtesy car even though initially we were told we couldn't get a car until early November. Hendy seem equally frustrated with Honda support/Japan but I can't fault their local customer service. If only they received the support they need from Honda...
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

My dealer too - as I've mentioned elsewhere on here - was excellent through the process, which in my case was 350+ days between ordering and receiving the car. Regular updates, invites to try the demo car for a few hours even though my order was already in, invite to see it when it was fresh off the truck and awaiting pre-delivery checks and post deliver with the dreaded e-sim issue. It's a shame the experience isn't uniform across the network for all, but that would require Honda UK to be proactive in a way that we've experienced, that they're not prepared to be.
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.