Overspeed notification chime

All Honda E related discussions
Ovuvuevuevue___Osas

Post by Ovuvuevuevue___Osas »

Does any one know how to mute the annoying overspeed chime while driving on cruise control / speed limiter?

I get this chime, ding ding sound, when rolling/coasting down hill past the set speed.
And it's driving me absolutely nuts.

If you've already figured this out, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Keawon

Post by Keawon »

Ovuvuevuevue___Osas wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:34 pm Does any one know how to mute the annoying overspeed chime while driving on cruise control / speed limiter?

I get this chime, ding ding sound, when rolling/coasting down hill past the set speed.
And it's driving me absolutely nuts.

If you've already figured this out, your help will be greatly appreciated.
Have you change Cruisecontrol setting im steeringwheel?
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

It's the "speed alarm" on page 163 in the manual. It can be accessed through the selector wheel on the steering wheel (number 8 on the below picture).

Annotation.png

Speed alarm:

Annotation.png

Ovuvuevuevue___Osas

Awesome!! Thanks Left4Cookies!!

Oddly the page 157 is page number 99 in my Norwegian manual... And the page 163 does not exist at all in my Norwegian manual....
Weird...
Ovuvuevuevue___Osas

Sadly the menu accessible from the steering wheel (as shown in post by Left4Cookies), does not turn off the overspeed chime when driving/rolling/coasting downhill on speedlimiter/cruisecontrol.

It enables/disables a "speed alert" or notification in main screen (instrument cluster/speedometer) if and when you exceed a certain set speed, regardless if youre on cruisecontrol/speedlimiter or not. The two default options being 50kph/30mph and 80kph/50mph, customizable to whatever you want (without decimals).

And that is utterly useless, and does not address my problem.

So if anyone find a solution to this, please share your valuable golden knowledge with us.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

At what speed are you rolling down the hill when it kicks in?
Ex e owner
Ovuvuevuevue___Osas

milligoon wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:39 pm At what speed are you rolling down the hill when it kicks in?
any speed :lol:

If I set the limiter/cruise control to for example 50kph(or any other speed), it will not exceed that speed on a flat road or going uphill.

But if there is a sudden down hill stretch, the limiter/cruise control (even on "one pedal driving mode") with it's regenerative breaking isn't sufficient in slowing the car down and limiting speed (unless letting go of accelerator pedal in "one pedal driving mode", or otherwise applying the brakes).

So when the speed exceeds the set speed (in limiter/cruise control) by 3kph (If set speed was 50kph, and you're coasting at 53kph or more for example), an offensive and annoying chime sound will present itself and keep alerting until speed is reduced back down to the set speed.

That is the itch I need to scratch.
the sound needs to go :D
I am aware of the overspeed by the blinking number in the speedometer, I do not need the sound that accompanies it.

So far, this is my one and only issue with this car.
Fizz

Post by Fizz »

Have you got cruise set at the speed limit as it may be the traffic sign recognition system that Is chiming when you are exceeding the posted speed limit? This can be turned off in the driver assist sytem setup options.

DASS.jpg

TSRSSLW.jpg

Using this referral code will gift you £50 of free credit after signup to Octopus Energy: https://share.octopus.energy/lucky-mink-973
Ovuvuevuevue___Osas

Fizz wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:49 pm Have you got cruise set at the speed limit as it may be the traffic sign recognition system that Is chiming when you are exceeding the posted speed limit? This can be turned off in the driver assist sytem setup options.
DASS.jpg
TSRSSLW.jpg
Yeah, it happens when coasting downhill past the set cruise control speed. And when coasting down hill or past a speed reduction point while having manually set speed limiter limit or having the traffic sign recognition system setting the limiter speed at a lower number than current speed.

I am a lorry/truck/LKW driver by trade and enjoy such systems ALOT!! I love cruise control and speed limiters as they keep energy consumption down, speed tickets away and my shoulders low. The traffic sign recognition is absolute bliss and euphoria, so I wouldn't want to disable it.

The issue is only the chiming "ding ding ding" sound every time the speed limit suddenly is lowered, or otherwise exceeded due to gravity. That's such an unnecessary nuisance. The car itself will reduce speed by automatically applying the regenerative retarder or brakes (one pedal mode). Except when coasting down hill on cruise control, then you need your own foot on the brake.

If there is a setting that I can change to remove the specific sound only, then I need to know.

If not then I hope Honda fixes this in a software update, like Tesla does when such issues are mentioned on their forums.
Fizz

Post by Fizz »

I think the settings above will disable the warning only, not the recognition system.
Using this referral code will gift you £50 of free credit after signup to Octopus Energy: https://share.octopus.energy/lucky-mink-973