Post by chrisr111 »

Andersen A2.

Chris.
Maggie_G

Post by Maggie_G »

Pod point un tethered not used it yet
Rei

Post by Rei »

Old Rolec. The old ones had bad RCBOs but if you replace that (easy) they are good. Nice and simple.
keithr

Post by keithr »

I use a Pod Point tethered charge point. First I had a 16amp charge point for my Nissan LEAF 24kWh (which had a 3.3kW charger and a Type 1 charge socket), in 2016, then when I bought a new second generation LEAF 40kWh (which had a 6.6kW charger and Type 2 charge socket) in 2018 it was upgraded to 32amps and a Type 2 cable. Both the original 16amp charge point, and the upgrade to 32amps was completely free to me, as Nissan paid for them (with the Government grant of £500 for the first install). I was impressed that Nissan paid for the first charge point, because I'd bought a secondhand LEAF, for about a half of a new car cost. (The total cost of the charge point was about £850 in 2016. It looks like the grant is now £350 and Pod Point's web site says the charger costs from £449.)

Pod Point were able to connect to the first charge point via the mobile phone network (it had a SIM card), but the updated charge point connects to my home WiFi, which is convenient. With the 40kWh LEAF the charge point developed a problem for a while, where it would stop charging after about 30 minutes, but I heard via the LEAF forum that this was a problem with the new LEAF only, and that an update to the software on the charge point would fix it. So I sent an e-mail to Pod Point and within a day they had remotely updated the software in my charge point and solved the problem.

The charge point has since been trouble free except for one occasion when it wouldn't charge, and a simple turn off and on again fixed that. So I've been very happy with it so far.

PS Technically it's a 'charge point' and not a charger. The car has an onboard 6.6kW charger (that converts mains AC to DC and around 400V). Only rapid chargers are chargers, that feed DC directly to the battery pack. Charge points are just AC sockets that are capable of delivering a higher current than normal (up to 32 amps) and which also have hardware and software for communicating with the car's battery management system, but there is no battery charger hardware in them.
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

Joolsdc wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:03 pm Myenergi Zappi mk1 as I have solar PV so can charge the e for free
I recommend myenergi too - excellent customer support
Same here but MkII
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Probably going to go for one of these: https://andersen-ev.com/products/andersen-a2/

I like the features of the Zappi, but sadly I think it does look a bit wank.

Here are a few comparison lists:
https://www.smarthomecharge.co.uk/vehicles/honda/e/
https://evchargingsolutions.co.uk/elect ... omparison/
https://www.apielectrical.co.uk/electri ... nt-brands/
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

rickwookie wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:46 pm I like the features of the Zappi, but sadly I think it does look a bit wank.
If it did, it wouldn't be here. Simple. Surely their limited edition pink one would suit!?!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post