New Phone? This is how to make it your main device.

All Honda E related discussions
Ovuvuevuevue___Osas

Post by Ovuvuevuevue___Osas »

The USB-C port on my phone was busted, so in order to use android auto (which needs USB connection between car&phone) I got myself a new phone (Sadsung S20 5G FE, in case of curiosity)

*!*!*!*!* VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE *!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*
Make sure to keep your old phone, you need it to set up the "My Honda +" app on your new phone!!!
DO NOT CHOOSE TO "REMOVE CAR FROM GARAGE", as that will remove the vehicle from your "My Honda +" account aswell as your phone(s)

1 - Install the "My Honda +" app on your new phone, if you don't transfer everything from your old phone to your new phone like I did with samsung smartswitch.

Both phones needs an internet connection, so WiFi is pretty handy. Simcard isn't important as the app uses the IMEI number of the phone, NOT your phone number.

2 - Log in on the "My Honda +" app on your new phone, this will prompt a verification process on both phones. The app on your old phone will ask you to verify new device. Do that, verify it.

This however will add your NEW PHONE to your "My Honda +" account as a SECONDARY DEVICE. So when the software buggers up and glitches, and you need to logout&login to make it work again, YOU NEED TO DO THE VERIFICATION PROCESS AGAIN with your old phone or you will not get access. (No bueno!)

3 - Set your NEW PHONE as the PRIMARY DEVICE in your "My Honda +" app.
To do this follow my instructions. (I am Norwegian, so there is some weird language on the provided photos. But all options should be in the same place, I have outlined the important choices for you to make it simple)

Push either the yellow or the green options I have outlined (freedom of choice, nice!)

a.jpg

If you selected the yellow option you should get this screen
Go ahead and select yellow again :-)

b.jpg

Then (and if you selected the green option) you get this screen, select the option outlined in red to configure device.

c.jpg

That will give you this screen, asking if you want to set your NEW PHONE as your PRIMARY DEVICE.
Select the outlined option (Continue), and you are all set ;-) Your old phone may ask you to verify this "change of primary device", if so do so.

d.jpg

You are now free to discard your old phone as you wish, it should now be safe to wipe it clean by doing a factory reset.
And I strongly recommend reuse & recycle rather than tossing it in the bin or a fire.

bogga

Post by bogga »

Thanks for doing this!
Thundarian

Post by Thundarian »

What if your old phone is lost, stolen, or "bricked"? Would you just have to start everything from scratch?
Ovuvuevuevue___Osas

Post by Ovuvuevuevue___Osas »

Thundarian wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:20 pm What if your old phone is lost, stolen, or "bricked"? Would you just have to start everything from scratch?
Then you need help from a dealership/customer service :-)