Power system indicator warning

All Honda E related discussions
oipoi

Post by oipoi »

Hi,

Got this warning after plugging in the vehicle on a CCS charger. The manual says I should visit my dealer. Anybody else got the same warning?

power-system.png

iHansz

Post by iHansz »

That seems very intense. Have you contacted the dealer yet?
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
oipoi

Post by oipoi »

Not yet, have let the car sit for 30 minutes, turned it back on again and there's no warning message anymore. Did a short drive and everything seems fine.
Before plugging in the charger I just came off the highway so maybe the battery was already warm/hot. If it happens again I will get in touch with the dealer.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Good idea of you. I probably wouldn't have dared to drive anymore, now that so many brands (e.g. Hyundai) are recalling their EVs with battery problems.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

It will probably have a log on the event. As long as it goes away on its own I wouldn't worry, but just inform the dealer at next visit.
keithr

Post by keithr »

oipoi wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:59 am Got this warning after plugging in the vehicle on a CCS charger. The manual says I should visit my dealer. Anybody else got the same warning?
Did the car charge OK after you plugged it in? If not, then maybe it was a problem with the CCS charger? I would try a different CCS charger if I could to try to confirm if it's a problem with the car or the CCS charger.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Did you make a note of the charger ID, are there other reviews of that charger having issues?
Ex e owner
oipoi

Post by oipoi »

keithr wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:41 pm Did the car charge OK after you plugged it in? If not, then maybe it was a problem with the CCS charger? I would try a different CCS charger if I could to try to confirm if it's a problem with the car or the CCS charger.
Yeah the charging went uneventful, stayed for 30 minutes and it charged as expected. The warning was there right after I plugged it in. The charging station had no error messages and started charging right away. The error message was on while I drove away and parked 15 minutes later but as noted dissapeared after the car was parked and locked for half an hour. It's the only CCS charger in town so will take some time till I can try another one.
Vacaloca

Post by Vacaloca »

Hello,

Been lurking since I placed an order for my Honda e, first time poster.

I've had my e for a week and yesterday had the same error. 'Power System Problem. Power may Reduced.' this was alternating with another warning 'Quick Charging System Problem. Standard Charging is Possible'.'

I was not charging at the time. I left work on a full charge. Drove about 30 minutes, stopped went to a quick meeting, and when I drove back home I got the message out of the blue. When I got home I powered off, waited 10 minutes, restarted and both messages disappeared. Doesn't fill me with confidence!

I never used a rapid charger and never used a public charger either (yet), I've only ever used our newly installed fast charger at work that been getting regular use for over two months by another Honda e.

I'll have to take it to the dealer, do t think I have any other choice... Bummer!!
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

What was the temperature at the time? Maybe a faulty temperature sensor or low 12v battery could be causing the issue, if you have been getting used to the car without the main pack powered on you can run the small 12v battery down, the car does warn you but gives you the option to override the shut down.
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post