Range of "key less go" key fob?

All Honda E related discussions
drkite

Post by drkite »

Hi,

we are having some difficulties with the "key less go" feature of the key fob of our new Honda e. Our car is parked just approx 7m away from the front door of our house and we place the keys of our cars usually very close to that door. We have now noticed several times, that the Honda app stated "car unlocked" some 10 to 15 min after having returned to home. So we checked the car - and the car indeed was unlocked.

Is there a way of switching off the "key less go"? I am perfectly fine with using the key fob for locking or unlocking the doors. But I am certainly not ok with the fact, that the range of the key less go seems to exceed those 7m.

Any ideas?

Bernhard

bogga

Post by bogga »

Faraday box from Amazon was my solution
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

And mine
And locking it from the app
drkite

Post by drkite »

Hi,

thanks for the hint with the faraday box, didn't know this solution. I will give it a try. However, this still does not solve the issue when we leave the car in a public parking lot. I had the impression that the car is locked far too late (like 12-15m). We will will further observe it.

Bernhard
Mr_Helge

Post by Mr_Helge »

drkite wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:38 am Hi,

thanks for the hint with the faraday box, didn't know this solution. I will give it a try. However, this still does not solve the issue when we leave the car in a public parking lot. I had the impression that the car is locked far too late (like 12-15m). We will will further observe it.

Bernhard

I Always lock with the Key fob. If you only walk away the timer is 30s before it locks. I have also disabled the auto start/stop of the power.
But that doesn't disable the keyless go function as you wanted. I believe the keyless feature can be disabled in a hidden menu.
Like the same way you can hide the hvac/seatheat overlay info (messes upp nav/apple carplay).
Which thread mentioned this i don't remember.
drkite

Post by drkite »

Hi, Mr_Helge,

ok, need to find that hidden menu. Thanks for the hint.

Bernhard
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Just read an article in Autoweek magazine, which is the Dutch version of your Auto Express (and actually is a sister magazine of the German Autobild) :mrgreen:, from someone who has the same experience with an Audi E-tron. It appears to be due to the outside lamps with motion sensors. Those sensors disrupted his key less entry on his Audi. He turned those sensors off and it didn't happen since. Other people with an Audi also suffered from this.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post