16" wheels air pressure

All Honda E related discussions
Humungus

Post by Humungus »

Funt wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:40 pm Hello,
Is it true, that TPMS sensors are not used in Honda E?
Unfortunatetly that's true: no TPMS sensors, so any deflation warnings are based on the differences in rotational speeds between the individual wheels. Therefor you have to recalibrate the system any time you change the tyre pressure or fit another set of wheels, which is a bit of a pain really. It's a shame that no TPMS is fitted (no doubt a cost-cut measure) as that worked flawless on my previous car

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

My wife has a the 10th generation civic (1.5turbo cvt), and it is similarly affected by not having the tyre pressure sensors. Annoyingly, even religiously checking the tyre pressures and performing the calibration the system is still prone to failure.

The scenario was that tyres were set to the factory setting in the shade when cool in the evening. Next day long drive up the motorway on a cool but very sunny morning. 1 side of the car the tyres were heated by the sun enough to trigger the deflation warning system when no such problem existed. Pretty disappointing really - since it works out the deflation relative to other wheels, I'm guessing it detected a slight over inflation on the sunny side (suspect she was driving 1 hour at 80mph).

I doubt such a scenario will occur in the E due to range/speed, but i would have preferred to see the actual pressure. Also the dealer had under inflated the tyres at 2.2bar when i checked them (might explain why I only just got home 97miles on 100% charge).

17inch optional wheels list 2.4bar on the door jamb fort he front and rears (205/45/17 front, 225/45/17 rear).
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

You won't need to recalibrate the system every time that you change the tyre pressures, as long as there's not too much of a change and you're returning them to the correct pressure. I've regularly had to increase the pressure on tyres with this system from a drop of a few psi back to the correct pressures on various cars over many years without issue.
The only problem that I've encountered is where there was a genuine fault. In this case it was a faulty valve and it would regularly leak down from 31psi to about 20psi over a month. Upon increasing the pressure back to 31 without resetting the system, after a mile or so driving the warning activated.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post