What a Muppet!

All Honda E related discussions
keithr

Post by keithr »

SwissChris wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:46 pm I am successfully using a 256GB stick with FAT32 formatting.
I've only tried using my USB memory stick a couple of times. It's an old 1GB stick, possibly USB1 (it is quite old!) and formatted FAT32 and I'm using mp3 files. I did notice the last time that I used it that it was displaying some tracks multiple times in the folder listing, and it would play the tracks multiple times, but when I checked on my PC the tracks were definitely not duplicated, so it is the Honda USB music app that is getting it wrong. It's the same memory stick that I used in my Nissan LEAF, where it worked perfectly, as you'd expect. I don't play music in the car very often, otherwise it would be quite annoying to have to keep skipping tracks that it had already just played!

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

What I have found is that it finds multiple copies of tracks that have been nested in other folders from dragging and dropping on my pc, when I cleared out the duplicates it only had one of each track, it looks like it is track based in its approach rather than folder or album based.

I think I've been spoilt by the Volvo, it also uses gracenote to pull in all the album art and other info.

USB file formatting is odd, as it will playback in the order the files were copied, this is down to how usb works and not the Honda, so the music tracks without the ID tags can be a right jumble.
Ex e owner
ianoox

Post by ianoox »

Hi,

I had more or less the same issue with my Crucial X8 Portable SSD (exFat and NTFS format didn't work)
I had to format to fat32 with a dedicated app, since Windows don't format above 32GB in fat32 but exFAT.
Since then it works, but not all the files can be seen on the drive, i had initially copied all my music on the drive, but it seems the car have a limit in the number of files or the total volume of files it can access at the same time.
Under 128Go of files seems ok. I didn't tryed FLAC files. Only MP3.

Hope it helps
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

OK, so prompted by Mark's Muppet challenge, I set off armed with my iPod Nano 4th gen 16GB Apple device, loaded with Apple AIFF audio files.
And to my great surprise it worked!

I had to Start playing a Playlist, before connecting the USB, because the iPod interface (pre-touch screen) was locked up, and my Car's interface would not Start the iPod. But once the track started to play, I was away. I could then skip fwd and Back using Car touch screen, and the screen recognised the device name as "Andrew iPod Nano" - which it is also added to USB button icon, and the screen displayed Album artwork, Track and Artist name etc.

Radiohead's OK Computer, Nick Drake's Five Leaves

So I will next try out my old Apple iPod Classic 160GB - loaded with 2500 odd tracks - old tech but don't knock it.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Rightyho the other devices now can't be accessed by the car - yes formatted to FAT32 - long format not quick.

Received 256GB sandisk usb stick today fresh out the blister pack, as default it is FAT32 put a couple of albums on it, guess what initially for a fraction of a second it looked like it was going to work and then the not recognised message pops up, remove that stick phone in to use android auto that didn't work and even with phone and USB stick removed car still seeing both devices as connected to the single USB port - took several power down and power up sequences to clear.

USB stick when stuck back in PC reported problem with stick repaired and it made LOST.DIR folder but reported no errors.

I actually now think that there is something screwy with the media centre and USB interface and the standards it uses.

As last resort emptied stick on PC, then simply put 3 wallpapers on it, popped in car usb no devices connected.

Went to add wallpapers - guess what it saw them and added them - go figure. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

May play more in the morning as off to work in a moment.
Ex e owner
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Hi Mark,
If you don't have a copy of “Blue” by Joni Mitchell, maybe I could lone you a CD to rip.
Do you have a copy of the Beatles “White Album” that I could play in my “e” ? FAT Chance I here you say,

Just stick to DAB,

A
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
steveal

Post by steveal »

Mark,

Did you ever get a solution to your USB problems?
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

steveal wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:39 am Mark,

Did you ever get a solution to your USB problems?
Not as yet some times same stick works other times it doesn't!
Ex e owner