What a Muppet!

All Honda E related discussions
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

After reutilising an older smaller M2 NVME drive in a USB3.1 caddy and filling it up with FLAC files, it didn't work in the H-e! I thought it maybe something to do with the format so moved the files made it FAT 32, put the music files back on and still no joy, I thought maybe the hardware is to fast or something? so I tried a USB stick I use in my Volvo, put the FLAC files on, no joy moved the files changed ext format to FAT32 put the files back on, still no joy? :?

Popped the stick in the Volvo and straight away it populated the audio player.

Then it sort of dawned on me USB on the e is primarily for wallpapers updates and Honda app packages!

What a Muppet! :oops: :lol:
Ex e owner

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

You're a Muppet for not RTFM :lol:
See page 296 (and also search the pdf manual for 'USB' for additional info):

IMG_20201127_205354.jpg

2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Right, so, why didn't it work? What am I missing here? I can play FLAC files from USB fine in our e.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

rickwookie wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:32 pm Right, so, why didn't it work? What am I missing here? I can play FLAC files from USB fine in our e.
There are 2 USB sockets. Not sure how they differ, but no doubt someone will explain. Maybe you have to choose the right one, (or should that be the left one?)

If I need a wired connection for my phone, I use Right one.
Last edited by advance2020 on Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

advance2020 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:36 pm
rickwookie wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:32 pm Right, so, why didn't it work? What am I missing here? I can play FLAC files from USB fine in our e.
There are 2 USB sockets. Not sure how the differ, but no doubt someone will explain. Maybe you have to choose the right one, (or should that be the left one?)
Oh yeah, only one of the four USB ports is an actual data port (the right-hand front port), good point. The other three are power only. Would probably be more useful if that page of the manual simply stated "Connect your USB flash drive to the right-hand USB port" instead of directing you to another page in the manual, where presumably it explains this.

Edit: it does...

2020-11-28.png

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

That is interesting, what format have you on the stick and what is the file layout you have used?one saw the stick (the name of the stick popped up) but said it wasn't useable, I am wondering if it was the usb 3 interface in the sticks?

Need to get to the bottom of this, so we have a known working system.
Ex e owner
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

More muppetry, I had been using a stick previously, which is usb3, but it would appear that there is no difference in the layout, the only thing I can see that is different is that the original stick I used is 32gb the ones I used that didn't work were 64gb and 128gb.

Has anyone been using a stick larger than 32gb (I may go and read the manual in a minute! :lol: )
Ex e owner
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Just read the bit in the manual page 363 that recommends USB flash drives over 256 MB or higher but doesn't seem to state upper limit?

I'd forgotten about the stick as I'd been using Android Auto for a while! :oops:
Ex e owner
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

I am successfully using a 256GB stick with FAT32 formatting. However the music presentation is underwhelming. No cover flow like in my BMW, no possibility to group in genres... For a next generation "iPhone"-like car I would have expected a much more pleasant user experience.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Still unable to get either 64 or 128 USB devices showing the data, just comes up with a compatible device message, going to try a 256 GB sandisk and see what happens, My Volvo uses all 3 devices flawlessly!
Ex e owner