Insurance Repair (UK)

All Honda E related discussions
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

So, anyone with any experience of an insurance repair in the UK yet?

Neighbour has just managed to reverse in the offside rear corner of my poor e and it now needs repairing. It's not major but is going to need some new plastics around light cluster.

PXL_20201203_110407704.jpg

Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.

omara500

Post by omara500 »

I was in a similar situation back in 2017 with my bmw i3 and using direct line as my insurer.

For very new car models and unique cars, the inurer’s standard body shop won’t have a scooby so they let you choose your own garage.

I told direct line that their coach works won’t know how to fix an i3 but they insisted. A day later the coach works call me up and say they don’t deal with i3’s lol.

You’ll probably go through a similar story.

I recommend that you preemptively call up your nearest official Honda garage and get them ready to take on your case. I did that with my local BMW dealer and it all worked out okay in the end.
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Thanks @omara500, I'm kinda hoping that is the case and I can use my local dealer as they've been really good from the start. I'm with Admiral and they've always been good in the past, hoping that this time too they validate my continued custom.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Oh so sorry to hear / see this
You should have purchased a brighter colour so your neighbour might have seen the e 😂
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Who's your neighbour?

Mr Magoo!
Ex e owner
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

It *is* hard to miss. It was a Fiat 500, so I wonder if it's an attempt to wipe out the competition before the 500e arrives?
Rei

Post by Rei »

Claim off your neighbor's insurance (not your own) and tell them you are taking it to the dealer and will let them know what the bill is.
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

Ouch! Definitely don't get this done on your own insurance as this will be a fault claim to declare for the next 5 years. I think you'll have to declare the incident anyway if any claim is made regardless. Time for your neighbour to take full responsibility.