At 80% charge what range is yours showing

All Honda E related discussions
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

keithr wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:16 am
darrenj1 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:20 pm There was was a firmware released at launch and models had to be updated by dealers , I was wondering what number firmware everyone had, so I can double check I've got the right one.
The firmware update was done before delivery to dealers. I've not heard of a dealer performing the update yet, although I would like to think that they should be able to do it.
Agreed, the dealers will NOT have performed any updates, they do not have the ability nor inclination to do this (if they can short cut & get away with doing nothing then they will), I have first hand experience of this.

I'm also very dubious of any updates ever being applied.
This appears to be an urban myth perpetuated on the internet.
Until Honda publicly announce that an update is available please do not keep repeating untruths.
Any official update will have a Honda technical publication stating the process of how to apply it with details on how to confirm that it's applied, no such thing currently exists in the UK.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

keithr

Post by keithr »

londiniumperson wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:30 am I'm also very dubious of any updates ever being applied.
When my local Honda dealership salesman told me that the delivery had been delayed, I asked him if he knew what the software update was supposed to change, in particular I wondered if it was to increase the range. He didn't know and to prove it he showed me the letter that they had received saying that the delivery of the Honda e's were being delayed in order to apply a software update, but the letter didn't go into any details as to what the update was for. So I'm very sure it wasn't/isn't an urban myth (or to use the modern phrase, fake news)!
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

If anyone has bought an ex demo maybe they'll have different version numbers of the software?
Ex e owner
londiniumperson

keithr wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:33 pm
londiniumperson wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:30 am I'm also very dubious of any updates ever being applied.
When my local Honda dealership salesman told me that the delivery had been delayed, I asked him if he knew what the software update was supposed to change, in particular I wondered if it was to increase the range. He didn't know and to prove it he showed me the letter that they had received saying that the delivery of the Honda e's were being delayed in order to apply a software update, but the letter didn't go into any details as to what the update was for. So I'm very sure it wasn't/isn't an urban myth (or to use the modern phrase, fake news)!
How are we the owners to know if that a software update was specifically for the vehicle or could it have been to the app and/or back end servers?
Maybe we should be checking with Honda UK that our cars are up to to date because there's no way the dealers can be entrusted to confirm either way.
darrenj1

Post by darrenj1 »

Id like to know what eversions people have so we can check that we all got the update.
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

darrenj1 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:47 am Id like to know what eversions people have so we can check that we all got the update.
I don't think it was an app update but rather some kind of backend/infrastructure maintenance.

But to answer your question, my app is version 4.14.3 from 2 months ago.
bogga

Post by bogga »

This morning, 100% charge, -2C, range............ wait for it........... 62miles

And I had to drive to work.......... 57 miles.
londiniumperson

Yesterday, I had 95% charge after the morning 10 min preheat (charged to 100% the overnight), temperature was -1 and I had a 93 mile range. That was with climate control off, so it would have been about 74 miles with climate on.

@bogga, that must be with climate on & you would have had about 77 miles with climate off and using the heated wheel and seats.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

bogga wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:45 am This morning, 100% charge, -2C, range............ wait for it........... 62miles

And I had to drive to work.......... 57 miles.

A bit of a brown trouser moment :shock:
Ex e owner
Number5

Post by Number5 »

Bogga, how many miles left when you arrived at work?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post