Nearside rear window open by itself

All Honda E related discussions
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Last Friday afternoon I noticed that the rear nearside window was open with a 2cm gap resulting in a very wet door card and rear seat. It was definitely shut properly 30 hours earlier because I'm fastidious about checking that all of the windows are closed every time I lock the car even if I've not opened any windows. This is because once before I have left the driver's door window fully open on a previous car overnight when it had rained ending up with a soaking wet driver's seat and a swampy carpet :( Not ideal when I only realised this as I was about to drive to work.

I see that someone else also had an issue with this same window being open unexpectedly: the
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=592&p=6479&hilit=Switch#p6467
Last edited by londiniumperson on Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

I've had the rear far side window do the same once, just before parking the car. Since then I've disabled the electric windows using the button in the drivers side door, which seems to have stopped the issue from reoccurring (but I'm not holding my breath).
Bigrickyc

Post by Bigrickyc »

Hi All any updates on this - having the same problem. Have noticed sometimes the glass drops upon opening but when shutting the door the glass does not always go back up again. Then sometimes its just open by an inch or so with no easy explanation... Will try the turning the windows off in the rear as a stop gap.
keithr

Post by keithr »

Bigrickyc wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:28 am Hi All any updates on this - having the same problem. Have noticed sometimes the glass drops upon opening but when shutting the door the glass does not always go back up again. Then sometimes its just open by an inch or so with no easy explanation... Will try the turning the windows off in the rear as a stop gap.
I recommend that you report it to your Honda dealer. My rear window being fully wound down has only happened once, but recently I had a problem of the driver's door window moving down as soon as I turned the car off (not, as normal, when pulling on the door handle), and it didn't move up when I opened and closed the door. It happened twice in one day. The dealer was aware of a potential problem with the window switch, which is integrated with the door handle, so they have replaced the door handle on my car. I guess there is something similar for the rear doors that they could replace to try and fix your car's problem.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post