Honda E stopped sending updates

All Honda E related discussions
Theolegit

Post by Theolegit »

Mines the same seems a case of “ it ain’t broke but let’s bugger it anyways”

Theolegit

Post by Theolegit »

Funny it wouldn’t work so I clicked the dashboard button, info there had updated went back to the car screen and it had updated!
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Mine is still working 🤪
Ex e owner
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

Mine isn't
Vacaloca

Post by Vacaloca »

Mine stopped working last week for about 5 days, then started updating again yestersay. Car is always parked roughly in the same place with good signal. I think it's just buggy and/or honda servers are not always up...
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I think it's at the car end, it goes into a catatonic state, if it was the servers everyone wouldn't be able to connect in a country at the same time. Which is clearly not the case.
Ex e owner
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

milligoon wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:57 am I think it's at the car end, it goes into a catatonic state, if it was the servers everyone wouldn't be able to connect in a country at the same time. Which is clearly not the case.
Yeah, I think it could be this. Mine was in for accident repair for the last week - just got it back - and for the first few days, I could get updates. Then as it wasn't opened for a few, the updates stopped. Soon as the garage opened it up to move it indoors to be worked on, updates started again including for the period it had been inactive. There's obviously some sort of inactivity hiatus status the vehicle goes into if the doors aren't opened for a bit.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

milligoon wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:57 am I think it's at the car end, it goes into a catatonic state, if it was the servers everyone wouldn't be able to connect in a country at the same time. Which is clearly not the case.
And this is the problem:. Not being able to check the status after about 1-2 days of it being stationary.
tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

MattHero wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:51 am Yeah, I think it could be this. Mine was in for accident repair for the last week - just got it back - and for the first few days, I could get updates. Then as it wasn't opened for a few, the updates stopped. Soon as the garage opened it up to move it indoors to be worked on, updates started again including for the period it had been inactive. There's obviously some sort of inactivity hiatus status the vehicle goes into if the doors aren't opened for a bit.
I second this. The app updated apparently every night, but showed wrong information - "Lights on" etc. when they manifestly weren't. Also couldn't get it to show current info - always said "updated 8h ago". Went out in the car yesterday, and info on the app now is current and correct.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post