Honda E stopped sending updates

All Honda E related discussions
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

Since today my car won’t send updates anymore.
At least not reliably.

The location at the moment is wrong, and I am not receiving the “your car has started charging” notification.

I have an update from 10min ago which is now the wrong geo location and other info. Since I have info, I assume it’s the car that doesn’t send updates any longer when not in power-on mode.

Quite inconvenient when you want to check state of charge on a public charger.

With all the issues and seriously limited range in winter, I think I’ll sell it and buy a Tesla.

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

The car has gone to sleep, power it up fully and you'll probably find the app will get updated info from it again.
Ex e owner
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

milligoon wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:16 pm The car has gone to sleep, power it up fully and you'll probably find the app will get updated info from it again.
It shouldn’t go to sleep 1min after driving it. Which is what happened. I drove to the public charger.

In my opinion the car should never sleep when it has app connectivity. After 2 days it won’t connect, which renders the pre-heat option totally useless if you don’t drive every day.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I agree but there is definitely some issue with these cars communicating to the Honda servers reliably, be it at the car end or the servers only Honda will know I guess. In the app in the about options turn on the advanced diagnostics it only stats on for 12 hours it may help send some info back to Honda ?
Ex e owner
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

milligoon wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:59 pm I agree but there is definitely some issue with these cars communicating to the Honda servers reliably, be it at the car end or the servers only Honda will know I guess. In the app in the about options turn on the advanced diagnostics it only stats on for 12 hours it may help send some info back to Honda ?
Thanks, they’ve hidden that option very well.
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

Maybe Brexit ff-ed things up with some over enthusiastic data provider that disabled roaming. I am right at the border with Ireland, and my phone also switches network constantly.

It shouldn’t be the issue, but it wouldn’t surprise me.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Since just before Christmas, I've found that the app rarely connects to the car. I've been driving to work the past week and it won't respond with the car's status either at home or work.
It seems as though Honda UK have updated the app at the end of December and well and truly messed it up.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

My app connected 15 seconds ago, and haven't used it since Friday evening.

The app on mine is 4.14.3
Ex e owner
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

Mine also stopped responding altogether Monday this week and it seemed the last updated info available in the app would be right about when I turned off the car after a drive (based on the X hours since last update).

Now today it works (as much as this app can work) as it did before..

Edit: forget what I said, it doesn’t work. I had confused myself with the last update as I had just went out for a drive. Hitting the update button does nothing but it DOES allow me to very very slowly turn on climate, set settings etc but the vehicle status doesn’t change (battery level).
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

It’s very random. It worked a few times the past 24h, but more often it doesn’t.

Car manufacturers and software: 🤮

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post