Intelligent speed limiter

All Honda E related discussions
ajms0288

Post by ajms0288 »

I think I’ll use adaptive cruise a lot but has anyone tried the Intelligent speed limiter on page 411 of the manual?
Blue Advance 17in. Delivered 11th March 2021. Love it. 1900 miles 3.4m/kWh
Kangoo ZE delivered 1st April 2021. No AC, old school but £150/month plus VAT. 2600 miles 3.9m/kWh

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

It works but not as smooth as adjusting the speed yourself
Ex e owner
keithr

Post by keithr »

ajms0288 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:47 pm I think I’ll use adaptive cruise a lot but has anyone tried the Intelligent speed limiter on page 411 of the manual?
I wouldn't trust it because the speed limit sign recognition system is badly designed/programmed. It doesn't remember the last speed limit sign seen and only change the speed limit setting when it see a different sign. For example, when driving around town if you make a turn into a side road or at a roundabout, if it doesn't see a speed limit sign in a very short distance and time then it will just 'forget' what the speed limit is and display three dashes. And on motorways or out of town it will display the National Speed Limit sign, but it doesn't know whether the speed limit is 60mph or 70mph (unlike a Nissan LEAF which consults the satnav to figure out whether it's a single or dual carriageway and therefore deduce and display the correct speed limit), and if it doesn't see National Speed Limit signs regularly then again it will forget what the speed limit is. So the ISL doesn't work as well as it could/should do. :(

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post