Android Auto Lag

All Honda E related discussions
Vacaloca

Post by Vacaloca »

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have experienced very poor response when pressing buttons on Android Auto on the infotainment screen. I sometimes cannot get the menu of apps to show no matter how many times I press the menu button. Switching apps is also really laggy at times, manily with Android Podcast app. I'm wired in with a OnePlus Nord which should be powerful enough... and am using a good quality cable. I've also go my setting to high sensitivity on the I fotainment screen. Any ideas?

Thanks
Alex

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I believe @TechJamo uses a OnePlus Nord in his Honda e, and I don't recall him ever mentioning issues so hopefully he'll comment to confirm.

As for me, I use a Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro and have not experienced lag on AA, but unless I start the podcast app (PocketCasts) just prior to connecting to the car, the car often fails to recognise this app even though Google Maps always works & I need to disconnect/reconnect the phone to get the audio to work.

I'm a bit confused as to why you are constantly switching apps in AA because as far as I am aware only a navigation app & a media app can be used, so once each default is set then it rarely needs changing, especially once in the car and driving.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Dutchhondae

Post by Dutchhondae »

No lag here using a oneplus 7 pro. At least not more then the "vintage" feeling in general of the touchscreen.

Do got a wishlist for AA but that's a different story.
Honda E advanced 17" Crystal Black Pearl. Since December 2020
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Native AA issues aside (please minimise destinations box on Maps by default!) it's fine for me on my Pixel 4a.
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
londiniumperson

MattHero wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:31 am Native AA issues aside (please minimise destinations box on Maps by default!) it's fine for me on my Pixel 4a.
There might be light at the end of the tunnel, Android Auto as of the end of today year have allowed other navigation providers to join GMaps & Waze so your best option might be switching to another app once they're available because I cannot see GMaps removing the destination box anytime soon.
Vacaloca

Post by Vacaloca »

Thanks for the replies. I'll try anothe phone/cable and see how it behaves. The only thing I do is tap on the podcast app, maybe change what I'm listening to, them back to Waze. So not constantly changing apps.

One weird thing happened the other day I managed to get both screen on the infotainment to show Waze on one screen and the Google podcast on the second screen. No idea how it happened and haven't managed to get it to show on two screen again. Probably just a bug somewhere...
londiniumperson

Vacaloca wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:59 am ...
One weird thing happened the other day I managed to get both screen on the infotainment to show Waze on one screen and the Google podcast on the second screen. No idea how it happened and haven't managed to get it to show on two screen again. Probably just a bug somewhere...
I've been using that option on occasions, see a new thread that I have just posted:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=708

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post