Question for dog owners!

All Honda E related discussions
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Hi Folks,

Would like to get an 'e' but would love to know from dog owners how you're finding fitting the hound(s) in the rear boot area (without folding seats)?

We have another car (Land Rover) for long journeys that has plenty space but often use our VW Up! for short journeys to take the dogs for a local walk - just a few miles / minutes away. We have two (working type) labradors - they can both fit in the back of the Up (parcel shelf isn't in place ofc) despite it being a small car but that's helped somewhat by the Up having a low boot floor. I know of course that the e has a higher boot floor and its boot space is just 171L vs 250L for the Up but can anyone comment on whether it would be viable? How are dog owners finding the e generally?

Cheers!

Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Two labradors in the boot isn't do-able. No way. Our only 9kg dog is on the rear seat.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Thanks Trykpaa. I suspected as much!
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

On the topic, our dog relaxes more and faster when chauffeured around in the E than in our ICE cars. Especially the Civic with tractor engine is bothering him (dog like owner 😁).
ianoox

Post by ianoox »

My male Australian Shepherd (32kg) fit in the boot, while removing the luggage cover . He can sit and he can lay down but he can't turn around, . Must be carefull with the tail when closing the boot.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I am not trusting my 54kg OES and 40 kg OES pup in my e that's what the XC60 is for, I think they would trash the interior especially the pup when he barfs up!
Ex e owner
s2ke

Post by s2ke »

we have a small gun dog lab, c26kg? she fits and she likes it due to quiet but no way would 2 fit. She has to get out of the way of the rear window when i shut the hatch :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post