Honda park pilot

All Honda E related discussions
Benjeshaw

Post by Benjeshaw »

Hi there.

Just received my Honda e ex demo, kind of smitten. However when pressing the park pilot bottom near the space as instructed it takes me to the safety configuration page and can’t get any further?

Any help would be greatly received.

Many thanks

Ben

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

To save you Googling this yourself, have a watch of Bjorn Nyland's up YouTube video (Honda e automatic parking features:
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

Ok demo, apart from not looking up pull out and knowing it is for when you are parallel parked tight between two cars. Another video has the guy trying pull out when he is nose out in a normal parking space. Why on earth would you need a pull out feature when parked nose out and just need to drive into the road? Dumb.
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

Auto parking: used it once when doing my test drive.

In the time it parks, I can do my shopping, have lunch, walk around the park and go for an ice cream. It’s a gimmick that will eventually evolve into something useful. For now it is an engineer’s hobby.
bossjohnc

Post by bossjohnc »

It's a nice party trick, but not much more. I like to think of it as a button that immediately attracts at least three impatient drivers upon pressing. This seems to work even in an empty car park.
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

here's my take:
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Bit of a tight parking space for some bigger cars!
Ex e owner
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

Our local Sainbury's repainted the car park in this ridiculous fashion, leaving approx 12 inches between cars to open the doors and get out. You despair about the intelligence of whoever is in charge of these decisions nowadays. A fruitful source of comedy is watching large SUVs trying to get into a space between 2 already parked cars.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Larbor wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:09 pm Auto parking: used it once when doing my test drive.

In the time it parks, I can do my shopping, have lunch, walk around the park and go for an ice cream. It’s a gimmick that will eventually evolve into something useful. For now it is an engineer’s hobby.
A slight exaggeration, but it does take its time. The main problem being that other drivers have no idea what is going on. Or pedestrians for that matter. And it does require a relatively large space to work.

But if you have the time, perhaps on a quiet evening, it will park itself very neatly between nicely painted lines in a car park.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

I keep forgetting we have this option, have only used it once. :lol:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post