Locking Honda E

All Honda E related discussions
Phennel

Post by Phennel »

Dumb question here.

It's so easy and handy to unlock the car when you're close enough to the car and you own the keys.
You can left them in the pocket and almost forget about them.

Then, when you get out of the car, you suddenly need to find them to lock down the car!
I was used with my previous car that had a lock/unlock button on the front doors handles that easily let you lock the car with a double pressure on it, no button key required.

Is there a faster way with Honda E as well?

Thanks)

Keawon

Post by Keawon »

Just press top of handle after exit/leaving.
Phennel

Post by Phennel »

I felt it was a dumb question, sorry for that.

Thank you so much!
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Phennel wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:52 am I felt it was a dumb question, sorry for that.

Thank you so much!
Not entirely dumb, that's what we are here for.
The Locking action is not always that responsive. Sometimes a simple touch works, sometimes it needs a longer dwell, stroke or pressure. And timing can be factor.

Also the jury is out as to whether the Pop Out handle feature is a bonus or not. I've set mine off. Others tolerate “pop-outs” every time you go near your car with a key.

You will find more on this Forum - use links below And Welcome!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=506
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=515
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

Does it not lock automatically when you walk away?

My over 3 year old Zoe does that and in terms of tech it is way behind the e so I would be very disappointed if it didn't.
keithr

Post by keithr »

ZoeDave wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:08 pm Does it not lock automatically when you walk away?
No it doesn't have that feature. If you unlock the car but then don't open a door within 30 seconds then it will lock the car again, but otherwise when leaving the car you have to manually lock the car by either touching the door handle or pressing the button on the fob. It's perfectly reasonable.
My over 3 year old Zoe does that and in terms of tech it is way behind the e so I would be very disappointed if it didn't.
It doesn't disappoint me in the slightest! :)
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

keithr wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:07 pm It doesn't disappoint me in the slightest! :)
Fair enough! And thanks for bothering to answer my question. Though I do have to defend the feature as it's great. Close the door, walk away, a quick beep from the car and you know it's locked.

Does the e have at least some sort of button/touch sensitive area on the door so you can lock it quickly without having to fumble around for the key?

Just to be clear, I am very aware that even calling it a first world problem overestimates how much of a problem it is...
tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

Does the e have at least some sort of button/touch sensitive area on the door so you can lock it quickly without having to fumble around for the key?
Yes: touch the sensor on top of the front door handle (or the lock button on the tailgate).
Details in UK manual p. 175
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

ZoeDave wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:08 pm Does it not lock automatically when you walk away?

When I first had mine I spent a month not realizing the car wouldn't lock itself. ;) It should standard by now and all the cars that i have, have that feature so I didn't even realize that 'till someone here told the car did not lock itself.

TL;DR The car spent a full month whenever I went somewhere fully unlocked... :)
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
ajms0288

Post by ajms0288 »

I may be teaching you guys how to suck eggs but I’ve recently discovered an extra lock button in the boot handle disguised (or at least feeling like) a cross pattern screw head. It’s small and to the right of the main boot release button. Much easier than the hit and miss door handle sensors.
Blue Advance 17in. Delivered 11th March 2021. Love it. 1900 miles 3.4m/kWh
Kangoo ZE delivered 1st April 2021. No AC, old school but £150/month plus VAT. 2600 miles 3.9m/kWh

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post