Locking Honda E

All Honda E related discussions
keithr

Post by keithr »

ajms0288 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:13 pm I may be teaching you guys how to suck eggs but I’ve recently discovered an extra lock button in the boot handle disguised (or at least feeling like) a cross pattern screw head. It’s small and to the right of the main boot release button. Much easier than the hit and miss door handle sensors.
Yep, lots of us already knew that. In fact two posts before yours tim.uk mentioned it (and gave a User's Manual reference - page 176 for the tailgate button).

ajms0288

Post by ajms0288 »

👍✔️😎
Blue Advance 17in. Delivered 11th March 2021. Love it. 1900 miles 3.4m/kWh
Kangoo ZE delivered 1st April 2021. No AC, old school but £150/month plus VAT. 2600 miles 3.9m/kWh
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Maybe it's just me but just touching top three lines to lock, it was about fifty/fifty chance for me.

After try & error, now I have settled down with, pulling handle gently slightly first (NB. not too much to open the door obviously) then touch the top three lines, this works 100% for me - now I'm confident enough for putting key inside the handbag before I open the door to leave.
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
ajms0288

Post by ajms0288 »

I’ll have to try that, so maybe slight pull with the fingers, with thumb on the three lines, Marmite?
I’ts the most annoying thing about e ownership for me, after having to ‘engage’ single pedal control.
Driving my new Kangoo ZE with always on regen, is quite refreshing even though it’s lacking in almost every other aspect.
Blue Advance 17in. Delivered 11th March 2021. Love it. 1900 miles 3.4m/kWh
Kangoo ZE delivered 1st April 2021. No AC, old school but £150/month plus VAT. 2600 miles 3.9m/kWh
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

ajms0288 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:17 pm I’ll have to try that, so maybe slight pull with the fingers, with thumb on the three lines, Marmite?
I’ts the most annoying thing about e ownership for me, after having to ‘engage’ single pedal control.
Driving my new Kangoo ZE with always on regen, is quite refreshing even though it’s lacking in almost every other aspect.
I pull first via underneath, then touch the top with index & middle fingers. May work at the same time though for you!!
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Marmite wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:43 am I pull first via underneath, then touch the top with index & middle fingers. May work at the same time though for you!!
You might be onto something, I've been trying this technique of gently pulling the handle & then using my thumb on top. It's worked most times, so I'll keep on trying this method to see how I get on with it.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:02 pm
Marmite wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:43 am I pull first via underneath, then touch the top with index & middle fingers.
You might be onto something, I've been trying this technique of gently pulling the handle & then using my thumb on top. It's worked most times, so I'll keep on trying this method to see how I get on with it.
;)

When I get out the car and close/slam the door, the door handle seems slightly getting in at the same time, with window moving down, iykwim.

As comparison, if I get out, close driver door & walked around the passenger side, I noticed the passenger side popped out handle was fully out than driver side (and I could touch & close immediately from passenger side). The shock (?) of closing the door perhaps makes driver door handle slightly in, that's my own theory.

It is 100% working for me anyway.

It's great NOT to fiddle with opened handbag by the car, especially on London back street inviting mobs (worse, in the rain, with other shopping bags... the picture of grumpy old woman!)
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

Since a couple of days I am trying a new "locking technique": Only touch the sensor field on the door handle very, very briefly (after the side window moved up a bit), do not leave your finger on it until the car locks. So far I can report a 100% success rate, but maybe thats a coincidence and I am keen if someone could try it out as well.
Fakeplasticman

Post by Fakeplasticman »

ill give it a bash and report back
Rrylia

Post by Rrylia »

I've been having more success with the method described by Marmite above, but also, seems to me (perhaps anecdotally) that if I push hard on the '3 lines' that it works, but if I try and tap/sense it (like my previous car), it's much less consistent. Also with the handles popping out (or not) when I approach the car, definitely works better with keys not in my back pocket (where I generally keep them...).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post