Infotainment - Show GMaps/Waze & Podcast Simultaneously

All Honda E related discussions
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Mr_Helge wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:47 pm Seems to work the same with apple CarPlay :)
I’m connected through usb.
Apple maps and Spotify

B1FE4808-9591-4F15-8FE7-225DEFACEEE3.jpeg
Works with wireless Apple CarPlay, too.

Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Sorry to bring this up again, since e's Nav not working.... I was fiddling with my iPhone SE via wifi, connection is fine.

I can get Apple Nav map on my side & Amazon music (Apple Carplay) on passenger side, thanks to this thread.

Is it possible to have Waze on driver side instead, but keeping Amazon music on passenger side??? If so how? :oops:
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Does car play allow audio app playing same time as nav app, like Android auto does? If so it should be a case of showing the audio via Bluetooth in the left-hand display, whatever audio app is playing on your phone should show there. In theory at least as I don't have iPhone to test with.
Ex e owner
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Ooops, all I had to do was customise the apps via iPhone's Carplay settings and bring up Waze near the top of the list, in order show on the icon screen.
Thanks anyway milligoon, all is well :P
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Pretty sure all you’re seeing there is the generic audio control interface, not another specific app (where for example you would be able to browse and select content).
This can easily be activated at any time by starting the content either using the app on screen or your phone, then touching the audio control shortcut at the top of the right-hand screen. If this shortcut isn’t visible because you have Android-Auto or CarPlay on the right-hand display, just use the screen-swap first, you can always then swap it back if you want.
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

rickwookie wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:56 am Pretty sure all you’re seeing there is the generic audio control interface, not another specific app (where for example you would be able to browse and select content).
This can easily be activated at any time by starting the content either using the app on screen or your phone, then touching the audio control shortcut at the top of the right-hand screen. If this shortcut isn’t visible because you have Android-Auto or CarPlay on the right-hand display, just use the screen-swap first, you can always then swap it back if you want.
Thank you, I admit I don't understand what I'm looking at (or what you mean by interface) - all I wanted was to see Apple map & Google map & Waze on the "Apple CarPlay menu" as p.310 on the manual, which has been done at least. Even then I need to go backwards & forwards, swapping what have you, any maps don't have 'play' button as suggested for me, have to wait till top left play mark appears by chance on black side, and somehow manage to see two screens I want. I get in the car well in advance these days :roll:

Apologies for being ignorant, I'm just a retired accountant woman, happy with figures & taxes but lost in technologies!!! If I spot you when I drive A41 (usually between Hemel & Aylesbury) I will flag you down and may demand for the demonstration (joking) :D

For now, once I decide which map is the best I will stick to the routine... But when Garmin nav comes back I think I will just use it, with Amazon music via CarPlay to make my life simple.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post