Future battery enhancement to improve range

All Honda E related discussions
arsie

Post by arsie »

As I live in Norfolk the limited range of the e Honda means I will have to keep access to a fossil fuel vehicle until the charging network becomes better established - 3 years? 5 years? Much as I love the look and tech - and I know it is targeted as a city car, much like the broadband fibre that we expect to have access to for speed - when will Honda be upgrading the range/battery technology? Anyone?

Electra

Post by Electra »

As far as I understand it , there is no space to fit a physically bigger battery. So any range increase would require a technical improvement to battery chemistry or whatever.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

I agree with Electra. Possible a future version may see 40 kWh, but that would be a few years away. What I would challenge is, even in deepest darkest Norfolk, how much range do you REALLY need? What you probably need is a lot more 100 kW rapid chargers, but they will come long before the Honda e gets more range. If you can drive 120 miles and then it only takes 20 mins to charge for another 100 miles, that seems workable for any scenario I can imagine.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post