After market wheels

All Honda E related discussions
Alan G

Post by Alan G »

I could only get the E with the standard black 16" wheels . I have never been a great fan of black wheels , there is nothing wrong with the overall look of the car but perhaps something a little lighter in colour might be nice .

What would you go for in a aftermarket wheel without spoiling the E's looks?

I remember that the concept car was white with white multi spoke wheels .

My E is blue.

IMG_20210312_160606987_HDR.jpg

advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Unless you live in Essex I would avoid WHITE wheels!
Although many of us were WOWED by the concept wheels, just imagine them in Winter. A nightmare to keep clean.

Lately I have been noticing more and more nice Black wheels on hot hatches etc.
I personally prefer Black, as they go well with the black accents of the car. Also one of the “features” on the Honda e design is its simplicity. Actually very hard to achieve. So as soon as you fit After Market wheels, they could stand out too much, and scream for attention, which I think happens in this shot.

Also find the Honda design very easy to keep clean, and more forgiving with a light dusting of grime, being black.

I have seen pictures on Instagram of Honda e's with White wheels, so you could search there, if you really are keen to stand out in a very small crowd. This one works in Black & White, with the deeper black skirt etc. I’m quite taken with the black door handles.

12E87EBC-18C1-4FCA-A6FA-77471FA41823.jpeg

Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
Alan G

Post by Alan G »

Yes, I was not suggesting white wheels on my blue car , just something other than black . I will have a look around .
HondaELincs

Post by HondaELincs »

Found these 2 examples out there if it gives you an idea of what different wheels may look like on the e...

Screenshot_20210322-180944_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210322-180759_Instagram.jpg

Alan G

Post by Alan G »

Thanks , That blue one looks better with the lighter wheels . You don't see many with the standard 16" wheels on here , everyone has the 17" which look much better.
ajms0288

Post by ajms0288 »

Other views available, values may go up or down etc but the French one on white wheels makes the car look instantly dated.
Blue Advance 17in. Delivered 11th March 2021. Love it. 1900 miles 3.4m/kWh
Kangoo ZE delivered 1st April 2021. No AC, old school but £150/month plus VAT. 2600 miles 3.9m/kWh
bogga

Post by bogga »

Does anyone know the wheel specifications for the OEM wheels 16" and 17" so you can purchased the right aftermarket alloys?
Alan G

Post by Alan G »

I am thinking of finding a local wrapping firm and trying the spokes in silver and the centre left black similar to the 17" wheels . If I don't like the look then the wrapping can come off with no damage to the finish.
Yellow e

Post by Yellow e »

Alan G - 16 vs 17 inch wheels are a matter of opinion, I chose 16s - in my view a simpler appearance more in line with the pure 2 colour look (in my case yellow/black).
Each to their own! 😉
Advance, Charge Yellow, little wheels, 3pin home charger.
Minky92

Post by Minky92 »

advance2020 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:08 pm Unless you live in Essex I would avoid WHITE wheels!
Although many of us were WOWED by the concept wheels, just imagine them in Winter. A nightmare to keep clean.

Lately I have been noticing more and more nice Black wheels on hot hatches etc.
I personally prefer Black, as they go well with the black accents of the car. Also one of the “features” on the Honda e design is its simplicity. Actually very hard to achieve. So as soon as you fit After Market wheels, they could stand out too much, and scream for attention, which I think happens in this shot.

Also find the Honda design very easy to keep clean, and more forgiving with a light dusting of grime, being black.

I have seen pictures on Instagram of Honda e's with White wheels, so you could search there, if you really are keen to stand out in a very small crowd. This one works in Black & White, with the deeper black skirt etc. I’m quite taken with the black door handles. 12E87EBC-18C1-4FCA-A6FA-77471FA41823.jpeg

That looks so sick. Wow. May have to steal this look for myself someday ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post