First recall

All Honda E related discussions
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Should it only display if something's actually on the rear seat?

EDIT: They got back to me. Not aware of any issues with the patch (but then they weren't aware of any recall either a few minutes ago). Said it would need to be done since it's a safety recall, so they're going to come and collect the car Thursday.

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

keithr wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:19 am I too had the recall letter arrive in the post this morning - the day after I had the work done! It says the issue is "the rear seatbelt status is not displayed after the power is turned on". I don't recall (pun intended) seing it displayed when I turned the car on after the update (but according to the manual I wouldn't expect to)!
Do you regularly have someone sat in the rear, because doesn't it only advise if the seats are occupied without the rear belt engaged?
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

This is a very poor state of affairs when the dealer can't be bothered to keep up to date with safety recalls, but then again it's what I've become accustomed to from Honda.

This doesn't bod well for when there are non safety updates available.

BTW I've not received my letter yet.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
bogga

Post by bogga »

Got my letter today - if we're keeping track of the number of letters Honda are sending out....
keithr

Post by keithr »

londiniumperson wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:04 am Do you regularly have someone sat in the rear, because doesn't it only advise if the seats are occupied without the rear belt engaged?
No, I've never carried any passengers sat in the back so far. Yes, I would have expected it to ony display a warning when it detects somebody sat on a rear seat.

However, the letter says:
As part of Honda's continuous quality monitoring activities, we have become aware that a regulatory defect exists with certain 2020 model year Honda e vehicles leading to a malfunction of the rear seatbelt reminder function.

WHAT IS THE ISSUE?
On affected vehicles, the rear seatbelt status is not displayed after power is turned on.

Perhaps is not very well worded, e.g. does it mean it's not displayed immediately after the car is turned on, or that it is not displayed at all while the car is turned on? (Surely nobody would expect it to be displayed while the car is turned off!) Perhaps by trying to keep it short and simple they've ended up not being very precise in their description of the issue.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I’m booked in for 16th April. No rush. No one sits in the back seat anyway
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

We've not carried any passengers in the back either, yet. I'm sure a software update won't stop the belts from working! It can wait until the service.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

I had the same letter from Honda Europe earlier this week, but choose to ignore it. Don't know whether you Guys realise, but it is possible to Switch this Rear Seat Reminder Off, which I did early on. It doesn't take much weight on the back seat for the car to Remind You you have Rear Passengers!

Joolsdc - your “leather” cushions must be very light if you haven't gotten this Warning.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

To those who choose not to have the software update implemented, at least soon: it is very unlikely that the rear seat belt issue is the only bug fixed in the software update. There are likely to be several, even many, non-regulatory improvements. Personally, I couldn't care less about seat belt warnings; but I do like to keep all my software udpated!
Man-e

Post by Man-e »

advance2020 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:32 pm but it is possible to Switch this Rear Seat Reminder Off, which I did early on. It doesn't take much weight on the back seat for the car to Remind You you have Rear Passengers!

It’s not the rear seatbelt reminder your turning on / off, it’s the notification you get when you turn the power off if the car detected the rear doors open/closed. It to warn you that you may have left something or someone on the back seat. The rear seatbelt reminder is regulation that’s why there is a recall for its operation not showing rear seat status when you start driving.

Page 230 of the owners manual described the seat seat reminder function.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post