First recall

All Honda E related discussions
keithr

Post by keithr »

I've just had my Honda dealer call me to book my car in for a software update - the first recall, about six and a half months from when I bought it. They said it should take no more than 30 minutes to do. I've no idea what it is supposed to fix or improve,but It's booked in for Thursday, so I might find out then.

Jy2020

Post by Jy2020 »

Probably to remedy rear seatbelt reminder not displayed error.
Honda E Advance Crystal Blue 17" tyres Urban and protection pack
ajms0288

Post by ajms0288 »

keithr wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:38 pm I've just had my Honda dealer call me to book my car in for a software update - the first recall, about six and a half months from when I bought it. They said it should take no more than 30 minutes to do. I've no idea what it is supposed to fix or improve,but It's booked in for Thursday, so I might find out then.
Good luck ! Are you ‘Windows Update’ nervous or ‘Tesla update’ excited Keithr ?
Blue Advance 17in. Delivered 11th March 2021. Love it. 1900 miles 3.4m/kWh
Kangoo ZE delivered 1st April 2021. No AC, old school but £150/month plus VAT. 2600 miles 3.9m/kWh
Sebb

Post by Sebb »

Hopefully they can update the awful Carplay that freezes up randomly and inconveniently. Self parking could be more reliable too.

Luck to you all

Sebb
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

There is hope! Maybe they are able to fix the annyoing lags when using Google Maps via CarPlay as well as the intermittent problems with the door locking sensor. Eagerly awaiting your report keithr!
darrenj1

Post by darrenj1 »

Keep us updated... With the update
keithr

Post by keithr »

The dealer took about 45 minutes to perform the software update. They said my car was the first car that they had updated. The updated is to fix the display of the seatbelt warning, although I'm not sure what the precise details are.

I've not noticed any changes so far, except for one very minor irritation, which was that the trip computer information was affected. The Trip A and Trip B miles were preserved, but the miles/kWh was altered and incorrect, so I have had to reset both trips meters.

So it looks like Jj2020 may have been right, it was "to remedy rear seatbelt reminder not displayed error". Presumably something to do with what page 49 of the Owner's Manual talks about:

RearSeatbelt.jpg

tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

This morning I had a letter from Honda, asking me to call the dealer for this update. I called the dealer, and he said that the patch which Honda had supplied to them was faulty, so they were not yet ready to perform the update! He said that Honda would send out a further communication when they'd sorted themselves out.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Got our letter this morning too. Rang the dealer, first she'd even heard of the recall. I asked if they could perhaps do some digging into the current status of the "fix" before we waste time having it done only to have to have it done again.

@keithr Are you aware of any side effects, or it not fixing the issue at all?
keithr

Post by keithr »

I too had the recall letter arrive in the post this morning - the day after I had the work done! It says the issue is "the rear seatbelt status is not displayed after the power is turned on". I don't recall (pun intended) seing it displayed when I turned the car on after the update (but according to the manual I wouldn't expect to)!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post