Android mobile or iPhone?

All Honda E related discussions
f3rn4nd0d

Post by f3rn4nd0d »

Hello all. It is time to change my android mobile phone, and I was wondering if I should go to an iPhone. My question is, from Honda e perspective, are there main advantages or disadvantages of the two choices? I know that Carplay is wireless, which seems to be very convenient for short trips, but I don't know about Honda app in iOS, existing apps, etc. Again, from your usage of the mobile in the car, what is better for you and why? Should I stick with Android instead?

I do not want to start a flame war, I have used both systems and I like them both.

Thanks so much for your comments in advance ;)

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

f3rn4nd0d wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:18 am Hello all. It is time to change my android mobile phone, and I was wondering if I should go to an iPhone. My question is, from Honda e perspective, are there main advantages or disadvantages of the two choices? I know that Carplay is wireless, which seems to be very convenient for short trips, but I don't know about Honda app in iOS, existing apps, etc. Again, from your usage of the mobile in the car, what is better for you and why? Should I stick with Android instead?

I do not want to start a flame war, I have used both systems and I like them both.

Thanks so much for your comments in advance ;)
I've not owned an iPhone myself though my eldest son has moved to the dark side from being an ardent Android fanboy to now owning both an iPhone & MacBook.

My view is that I wouldn't base the decision of which mobile OS to buy on the Honda app, it's universally known to be unreliable on both platforms.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I think the app problems stem from the car to servers.

My app mostly works but the car goes to sleep.

Internally using my android phone in the car it'd be nice to have wireless Android auto, but it works.

Borrow your son's phone and see if it really offers you increased benefits?

While it's plugged in the phone does get charged at the same time after all.
Ex e owner
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I'd also be interested in hearing from anyone that's used both iPhone and Android handsets in the E over an extended period.

My use case of using my car in the main for journeys of driving around half an hour at a time means having the phone on charge is a positive benefit.
Where someone is only driving for a short period each time or making many short journeys consecutively then having a wirelessly data connection would be a definite advantage.

I'm currently happy with the Android Auto interface and available apps, is there any significant benefit of using an iPhone in this respect?
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
bogga

Post by bogga »

Car play wireless
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

We are an Apple household. Never owned Android
I find wireless CarPlay works well.
As does the app on iOS 14.1
Just updating to 14.2
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

That should read iOS 14.4.2
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

I'm iPhone user and very happy with bluetooth. CarPlay with Amazon music, command via Siri to do other things, you can have endless fun!

I usually use e's sat nav but Waze & Google map both worked well on time when I tried - though I don't know if it's because iPhone or not.
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Happy with wireless Apple CarPlay, Siri, Apple Music and Apple Maps. And with an HDMI cable (from Apple), you can watch videos on 1 of the 2 screens while charging. How cool is that?
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post