1 pedal driving used to be smooth

All Honda E related discussions
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

As of late coming to a full stop using 1-pedal driving is clonky. It used to be a nice, smooth stop. Now it feels as if the brakes are pressed hard at the last moment.

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Possibly the brake pads/discs have bedded in and are now performing correctly, whereas when new they might not have been operating at full efficiency.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
darrenj1

Post by darrenj1 »

Hmm, I thought this recently but dismissed it as my relaxed driving, taking foot off too quickly
ajms0288

Post by ajms0288 »

I’m struggling to get a smooth stop too but I think it is probably me not the car.
Blue Advance 17in. Delivered 11th March 2021. Love it. 1900 miles 3.4m/kWh
Kangoo ZE delivered 1st April 2021. No AC, old school but £150/month plus VAT. 2600 miles 3.9m/kWh
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

I never use one pedal because lack of smoothness around stopping. Use 'brake hold' instead which effectively does the same.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

I always use one pedal (even on the highway) and could never live without it. Do not suffer from not being able to slow down smoothly. Recently drove a "normal" car and that almost went completely wrong, because it did not stop by itself. 😱
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Alan G

Post by Alan G »

I have always prided myself on a smooth stop , with a manual gearbox I would always come to a halt without any brake pressure, easing off the brakes just before the car stopped . It became so natural to do but almost impossible with an auto gearbox . With the one pedal driving it is more of a challenge, again it is a matter of getting almost totally off the accelerator but still having a little pressure on there as it comes to a halt. It is much more difficult to master than with a manual gearbox.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Alan G wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:47 am I have always prided myself on a smooth stop , with a manual gearbox I would always come to a halt without any brake pressure, easing off the brakes just before the car stopped . It became so natural to do but almost impossible with an auto gearbox . With the one pedal driving it is more of a challenge, again it is a matter of getting almost totally off the accelerator but still having a little pressure on there as it comes to a halt. It is much more difficult to master than with a manual gearbox.
That's how I've driven manual ICE cars for decades.
As we've discovered it's not so easy with the one pedal option, especially when coming to a halt on an incline. Coming to a halt whilst having slight pressure on the pedal ends up with the car either rolling forwards or backwards (depending on the incline), and then the mad panic of a quick release ends up in a jerky stop. It's a lot easier coming to a smooth halt not using the one pedal option in hilly areas.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I don't know why people are so excited with the 1 pedal driving. I don't like it, it makes my foot more tired having to put pressure all the time, even on a downhill. And especially when parking it is a nightmare. People seeing me parking think that I don't know how to drive..... + all the brake lights coming on all the time you lift too much your foot. So annoying if you are the car behind.
I never us 1 pedal driving because of this. There is a misconception that regen works only when you lift off your foot from the gas pedal. It works when you push the brake pedal, just look at the green indicator infront of you on the right. That is the proof that regen works. For long downhills you can then use the paddles to control your speed and rest your feet.
darrenj1

Post by darrenj1 »

Because brake regen is only a small regen, one foot regen can be much more regen