Status Bar - what does TP mean?

All Honda E related discussions
Fakeplasticman

Post by Fakeplasticman »

Hi folks - I have a feeling this is a stupid question but here goes anyway.

When my phone is paired over bluetooth - I seen the battery and the signal strength etc but I also see "TP"

Anyone know what that refers to? If I touch the status bar the rest of the icons are explained and I cant see anything in the manual either?

At first I thought it was Honda's version of TA, but I realised that's actually just called TA.

Also - the other Hondas from 2020 have wireless android auto - seems odd that the E doesn't, but that's literally my only grumble :D

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

TP normally refers to 'Traffic Program', so in this instance I would expect that the TP indicator means that there's a radio station selected in the background that supports traffic information alerts.

The only mention of TP that I can find in the manual (I'd recommend downloading it because it's a useful source of information) is on page 287:

IMG_20210426_125307.jpg

2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Fakeplasticman

Post by Fakeplasticman »

See that's the thing. The TA icon is different and I have it turned off. Very odd.
Man-e

Post by Man-e »

Its RDS Traffic Programme:

The TP flag is used to allow the user to find only those stations that regularly broadcast traffic bulletins whereas the TA flag is used to signal an actual traffic bulletin in progress

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Data_System
Fakeplasticman

Post by Fakeplasticman »

Ah okay I understand now, apologies - so even though I have it turned off its signalling its availability, gotcha. Thanks both!