Car wouldn’t release granny charge cable

All Honda E related discussions
Smucker

Post by Smucker »

Hi,

First post, first EV and first proper day with it. Apart from the fact I LOVE IT(!!!!) I did struggle to get the charge cable to release.

I’m probably missing something obvious but can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

FYI it was fully charged (and had automatically stopped as per app message). Tried turning off in different order, back on etc. Found the pull cord under glove box that was mentioned in the manual (but couldn’t pull it?!). Eventually it just finally released on about attempt number 20!

Worried it might do it again when I’m in a genuine hurry one morning!

MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Obvious, but the release button under the charging flap next to the sockets?
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Page568.png

2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Smucker

Post by Smucker »

Ok so that’s not embarrassing at all...! 😊 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ had no idea there was a button there...I used several rapid chargers getting the car home and they just released once the charge had stopped.

Im such an idiot!
Thankyou! (At least I know where the pull cord is!)
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Smucker wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:23 am Ok so that’s not embarrassing at all...! 😊 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ had no idea there was a button there...I used several rapid chargers getting the car home and they just released once the charge had stopped.

Im such an idiot!
In all honesty, I hadn't realised on first charge that the button wouldn't activate if the car was locked (albeit, it's sensible it doesn't) and it took me a while to work out why it didn't release. So we've all been there to some extent!
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Smucker wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:23 am Ok so that’s not embarrassing at all...! 😊 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ had no idea there was a button there...I used several rapid chargers getting the car home and they just released once the charge had stopped.

Im such an idiot!
We did exactly the same thing first time we charged ours. Tbf it was dark, and the black button against the black background doesn't exactly jump out at you!
Isow

Post by Isow »

rickwookie wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:26 am

Im such an idiot!
We did exactly the same thing first time we charged ours. Tbf it was dark, and the black button against the black background doesn't exactly jump out at you!
It is hard to spot the button unless you are thinking about it.
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

Another (mini) design flaw - the led bar on top is not bright enough to illuminate the release button...
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

SwissChris wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:59 pm Another (mini) design flaw - the led bar on top is not bright enough to illuminate the release button...
I agree with you.
I think that the LED should have been on the underside of the lid so that it shines down into the charging port, it serves no real purpose where it currently is, yes the colour can indicate various states, but there are other easy ways to check the status.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I release mine inside it's cover once you know where it is muscle memory will kick in any it's no big deal.
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post