New Manual

All Honda E related discussions
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

I see there's a new owner's manual (https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/man ... nuals.html), suggesting there could be differences between the 21YM and the 20YM.

2021-05-06 (2).png

I'll wait for Londi to tell us what's changed, since he's read the original one cover to cover. :lol:

EDIT: I'll save him the "fun". There's a new sticker (p.103) in the charge port bay referencing compatible a.c. chargers (new "C" label, p.566) and d.c. chargers (new "K" label, p.571). Also, you can't now uses spaces or the Japanese Yen character (sorry Marmite, I don't make the rules) in WiFi passwords (p.308).

SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

I used the adobe comparison functionality, basically no differences apart from some minor corrections.
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

rickwookie wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:05 pm Also, you can't now uses spaces or the Japanese Yen character (sorry Marmite, I don't make the rules) in WiFi passwords (p.308).
:lol:

Funny that e's manual is mentioned today, this morning I was looking at Honda e manual in Japanese, in order to understand LIM function better (since I find that function confusing).

To my surprise Japanese e don't have LIM button/function! So I guess LIM related English manual part were originally written, rather than from translation - I can kind of feel the difference...

Below are the same pages regarding cancelling ACC.

IMG_4878_LI.jpg

IMG_4877.JPG

Instead (?) they seem to have Traffic signal passing assistant (how soon the next signal will change to red, will you be in time at the current speed, better to slow down now, etc etc). Obviously only works in Japan - don't ask me why can't they just look at the signal and make decision.

IMG_4875.JPG

Sorry to off tracking the thread, thanks for the new manual information all the same.
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Marmite wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:00 pm ...
Instead (?) they seem to have Traffic signal passing assistant (how soon the next signal will change to red, will you be in time at the current speed, better to slow down now, etc etc). Obviously only works in Japan - don't ask me why can't they just look at the signal and make decision.
In a word 'gamification' I can see drivers trying to get to the next traffic light before they turn red :o

It looks I need the new version of the online manual, luckily I had started comparing it to the physical printed copy, otherwise I would have had to start all over again :lol:
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post