e-sim activation

All Honda E related discussions
Collinsjr

Post by Collinsjr »

Guys, I tried to search this, but do I need to physically be there for the dealer to activate the e-sim, I have my e being delivered next week and would like it to work prior to reciving.

Any help greatly appreciated

Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Hello and welcome!

Assume you already read viewtopic.php?f=11&t=488 ??

Dealers should know better by now, but in my case I left my e overnight for them to set eSim to normal mode (N.B. after several problem - but they should be able to do this before your delivery) , then I went and sat with technician in order to make sure it paired with my iPhone.

Also Honda's FAQ page, in case you haven't read regarding Enrollment: https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/my- ... filter-2=2

Anyway, hope your delivery will go smoothly and looking forward to see the pics! :P
Mind you I'm not very techy person, so somebody else may have better suggestion!
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

As well as Marmite's good advice, I would recommend that you contact the dealer in advance and ask them to ensure that the esim is correctly configured prior to you collecting the car and that they set up your phone on the day that you arrive.

If the app isn't working by the time you leave, you will need to return again, so in that case I would advise rejecting the car and leaving it with them until they have resolved the issue. This might seem harsh but it took me 3 month's of many phone calls, emails and several visits ending with an ultimatum that I was going to reject the car unless they sorted the esim issue out.

They have no excuse because they have (and it turns out they also did last August for my car) all the information that they need to be able configure everything correctly before you arrive for a simple handover.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current