[UPDATE: False alarm]Discontuation of My Honda+ app?

All Honda E related discussions
Derp

Post by Derp »

Well hello new friends. As I was picking up my new lovely honda E from the dealer just a couple hours ago, my salesperson got an email through saying that the My Honda + app is getting discontinued by end of June. He mentioned all existing subscriptions should get 12 months support and assured me I'd get access to that (been told due to taxing the car today I have to wait to set up the app till Monday) but I was wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

Mildly concerning to know on day one πŸ˜… but what can you do. My biggest concern was being able to use the feature where I can find the closest charging station which at the moment isn't working, I'm guessing because I couldn't set up the app yet.

Anyone else know what's up?

[UPDATE : got a call from the dealer, misread the memo.]
Last edited by Derp on Thu May 20, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Welcome!

Well, somehow this is good news! You'll read a lot here on the forum about our rather poor experiences with the app.
I hope this app will be replaced by a better one.
In Japan, a different solution was offered from the beginning.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Derp wrote: ↑Wed May 19, 2021 7:32 pm Well hello new friends. As I was picking up my new lovely honda E from the dealer just a couple hours ago, my salesperson got an email through saying that the My Honda + app is getting discontinued by end of June. He mentioned all existing subscriptions should get 12 months support and assured me I'd get access to that (been told due to taxing the car today I have to wait to set up the app till Monday) but I was wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

Mildly concerning to know on day one πŸ˜… but what can you do. My biggest concern was being able to use the feature where I can find the closest charging station which at the moment isn't working, I'm guessing because I couldn't set up the app yet.

Please can you tell us the name of the dealership?
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Derp

Post by Derp »

londiniumperson wrote: ↑Wed May 19, 2021 8:06 pm
Derp wrote: ↑Wed May 19, 2021 7:32 pm Well hello new friends. As I was picking up my new lovely honda E from the dealer just a couple hours ago, my salesperson got an email through saying that the My Honda + app is getting discontinued by end of June. He mentioned all existing subscriptions should get 12 months support and assured me I'd get access to that (been told due to taxing the car today I have to wait to set up the app till Monday) but I was wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

Please can you tell us the name of the dealership?
Yep! Its Startin Honda in Worcester
Derp

Post by Derp »

RAL7004 wrote: ↑Wed May 19, 2021 7:47 pm Welcome!

Well, somehow this is good news! You'll read a lot here on the forum about our rather poor experiences with the app.
I hope this app will be replaced by a better one.
In Japan, a different solution was offered from the beginning.
Fingers crossed! Also thank you for the warm welcome! :)
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Derp wrote: ↑Wed May 19, 2021 7:32 pm My biggest concern was being able to use the feature where I can find the closest charging station which at the moment isn't working
TBH, you'd be best advised to start with Zapmap for that sort of thing, it's more complete than any OEM solution offers.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
Derp

Post by Derp »

False Alarm folks!

I just got a call back from the lovely chap at my dealership that he misread the memo and it turns out its the previous app that's being discontinued in favor of MyHonda+

So hopefully app improvements will keep coming as more cars start using it. πŸ˜… sorry for the false alarm!
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

lol :-) was wondering why they'd given up on it so quickly. I mean, it has a lot of issues, but it would have been surprising to have given up on it so quickly Lets hope an update comes soon.
Thanks for the update!
Adv. 16" Wheels
Derp

Post by Derp »

sbullo wrote: ↑Thu May 20, 2021 9:42 am lol :-) was wondering why they'd given up on it so quickly. I mean, it has a lot of issues, but it would have been surprising to have given up on it so quickly Lets hope an update comes soon.
Thanks for the update!

πŸ˜… chalk it up to my anxiety and newbness

Also hi almost car twin! ❀️ (I've got the advance in the same color but 17inch wheels)
Derp

Post by Derp »

MattHero wrote: ↑Thu May 20, 2021 6:40 am
Derp wrote: ↑Wed May 19, 2021 7:32 pm My biggest concern was being able to use the feature where I can find the closest charging station which at the moment isn't working
TBH, you'd be best advised to start with Zapmap for that sort of thing, it's more complete than any OEM solution offers.
❀️ thanks so much!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post